15 minute hunt after work at a school

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Well, I got off work a little bit early today and thought I could detect for 15 or 20 minutes before going home. I hurried out of work and stopped a couple blocks away at a school. I hit the gravel playground and my first find was a zipper. (I am getting a big collection of them) I dug a couple pennies and then got a screwcap/nickel reading on my XLT. Knowing this sometimes means a ring, I went about digging it.

This was a difficult dig since I scraped away the pea gravel and the ground was like concrete. The fact this could be a ring drove me on and I chipped away with my Lesche digger. I finally dug down about 4 inches and saw a round blob of dirt with something that looked like a ring. At first I thought it was a gumball machine ring, but closer inspection proved it to be a fairly nice ring. I was fired up!

I headed home and hoped when I cleaned this I would find a real gem of a ring. I still am not real sure what I have, but I do know it is a plated ring that has been in the ground for awhile. It has a center garnet stone and is surrounded by 10 cubics (or diamonds) I don't hold much hope for it to be valuable, but you gotta love those rings!! I closed the day by finding a little metal ladybug that was reading as a nickel. I am convinced to always dig those nickel signals on a playground. There is often a ring, zipper, or other small jewelry as a reward. HH

baldingboy

Attachments

• 100_3213.jpg
    100_3213.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 439
  • 100_3215.jpg
    100_3215.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 442
  • 100_3218.jpg
    100_3218.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 435
  • 100_3220.jpg
    100_3220.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 433
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
HOSSNV said:
Good work B Boy ! Something is aways better than nothing ! . Hoss

McSancho said:
Touch it up, say it is real , and give it to your wife. Lying is fun.

Hossnv,
Yeah, that's what I say. I would rather have something than the garden variety beer tab!

McSancho,
Lying is fun, but not to MY wife. She can be meaner than a dog sh*t'n tacks. ;D

Baldingboy

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Baldingboy said:
HOSSNV said:
Good work B Boy ! Something is aways better than nothing ! . Hoss

McSancho said:
Touch it up, say it is real , and give it to your wife. Lying is fun.

Hossnv,
Yeah, that's what I say. I would rather have something than the garden variety beer tab!

McSancho,

Lying is fun, but not to MY wife. She can be meaner than a dog sh*t'n tacks. ;D

Baldingboy
Great little stone in that ring...or so it looks like. That last line of your cracked me up bad man.
Thanks for the laugh and good luck on your hunts.
~Nash~

R

RUDY2003

Nice ring, whats left of it. I found one in the gravel once. Lucky for me it was silver without stones.....
Lying is not right, but it could be a "misinterpretation of the current facts as known at the present time."

Keep safe....

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Nashoba said:
Great little stone in that ring...or so it looks like. That last line of your cracked me up bad man.
Thanks for the laugh and good luck on your hunts.
~Nash~

RUDY2003 said:
Nice ring, whats left of it. I found one in the gravel once. Lucky for me it was silver without stones.....
Lying is not right, but it could be a "misinterpretation of the current facts as known at the present time."

Keep safe....

Nash,
Good hearing from you. I got a laugh out of your ugly ring post...so I guess I returned the favor. LOL ;D

Rudy2003,
Since I seldom know whats going on around me at any given time, (especially while swinging a detector) this wouldn't be a difficult thing for me to misinterpret events. I am known both as an exaggerator and air head at times. So................I got that going for me. LOL ;D

Seriously though, (badddaaa bump) thanks for the comments.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread