1500 AD-1700 AD post medieval ring found this morning

onlinesniper

Jun 16, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all at TNET, well the weather was horrible raining all morning buti threw on me waterproofs and headed off with my trusty garrett ace 250 and spade and trowel and got a few hours of hunting in.<br><br>Firstly i found a threepenny 1943 followed shortly after with another threepenny which takes my count to 39 of these lol off the same field!! then i found a few modern coins 2 pound coins a twenty pence and a couple of new pennys, i changed my line and dont know why i did it but anyway i headed towards this tree overhanging on the field and picked up a coin/pulltab signal at over 6" id had a few of these within the hour before diggin can after shredded can but thought 'well you never know' and began to dig, as i got to the 7" depth i could see what looked like the back end of a bottle top, dismayed i pulled it out and then pushed the dirt away then the realization hit me that it wasnt a bottle top but in fact a ring ecstatic i carried on for another hour and found an edward 1902 penny in good condition so called it a day as the rain started to come down

Heres a couple of shots of the ring next to an edward 1902 penny

Attachments

• DSC_0940.JPG
    DSC_0940.JPG
    635.8 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC_0945.JPG
    DSC_0945.JPG
    686.1 KB · Views: 362
  • DSC_0947.JPG
    DSC_0947.JPG
    753.2 KB · Views: 261
Upvote 2
OP
OP
O

onlinesniper

Jun 16, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are you from sniper? Im moving to edinburgh next month for 4 years and want to go detecting in scotland and england. Any good places i can go?

Im from St Helens in the north west there are literally thousands of acres of farmers fields around this area rainford etc iv had a word with some kind owners at a place called fir tree farm and have been given the go ahead to detect on there post cropping, also have permission to detect on 5 massive farmers fields near the prescot area too should keep me busy lol, iv been mostly detecting an old field backing onto an old church, as with all parks were theyre frequented by lots of people there will always be a lot of rubbish but theres always a nice suprise to be had if you stick at it long enough HH

Chimacum87

May 27, 2012
From WA now missing Scotland
Detector(s) used
Deus lite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
onlinesniper said:
Im from St Helens in the north west there are literally thousands of acres of farmers fields around this area rainford etc iv had a word with some kind owners at a place called fir tree farm and have been given the go ahead to detect on there post cropping, also have permission to detect on 5 massive farmers fields near the prescot area too should keep me busy lol, iv been mostly detecting an old field backing onto an old church, as with all parks were theyre frequented by lots of people there will always be a lot of rubbish but theres always a nice suprise to be had if you stick at it long enough HH

Ok cool i will have to explore quite abit when i arrive. Do you just knock on the farmers door and ask for permission? Would it be possible to meet up with you at some point and go with you? When is post cropping?

OP
OP
O

onlinesniper

Jun 16, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just go to the farmers shops and ask in there, they can only say yes or no, post cropping is usually august/september it varies slightly

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread