16 Feb, great day for animal kingdom but meager finds

Digger54

Dec 6, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Minelab Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB
Hi;

Jumped into the woods this morning and we weren't in there more than 10 minutes when we witnessed a hawk knocking a squirrel out of a tree. The hawk tried to nail the squirrel on the ground but then got distracted when it saw us and flew back up into the trees. We did an exploratory force march but only kicked up an isolated hoe head and harmonica reed part of an iron cooking pot and an iron ring. Did not dig as many shotgun shells as I thought we would. At some points the ground was so quiet I was hoping for a shotgun shell to tell me the detector was still working. Mid day went back near the field that had kicked up some Yankee buttons and dug two more in the field next to it.

Dug a spandle with a flower design, small thimble, a bronze nail, part of a large flat button, two eagle shield coats with Extra Quality bms, brass doodad for saddle I think, bottom left is a cuff link or collar stud that I broke trying to unfold the stud, a decorative brass piece and maybe a broken flat button.

Gorgeous day out and had an enjoyable time.

Attachments

• 19Feb..JPG
    19Feb..JPG
    29 KB · Views: 181
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread