16 march dredge trip

ywevis

Feb 24, 2013
Albemarle, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20140316_130943_zps617681ab.jpg

A cold day, but we wanted to get out and hit a few spots on the creek. Trying to find the gold line. We found decent gold for the 2 hours we was out. Hope ya enjoy the video..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DynoGuy

Nov 10, 2013
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
Sluices: Bazooka 30" Prospector, Bazooka Super Mini and a folding A52 clone. Homemade 12" x 24" Miller table.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good job getting out today. I farted around to long this morning and didn't get out in time to go sluice (was going to try to go with a coworkers to his property in Troutman). Just didn't feel like being in the rain as I'm just getting over a cold if the temp was like yesterdays then I'd have gone. I have to get my highbanker/dredge combo done as his little creek needs a little more water at times to make my 30" BGT Prospector work. Hopefully I'll get out to URE next weekend.

OP
OP
Y

ywevis

Feb 24, 2013
Albemarle, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good job getting out today. I farted around to long this morning and didn't get out in time to go sluice (was going to try to go with a coworkers to his property in Troutman). Just didn't feel like being in the rain as I'm just getting over a cold if the temp was like yesterdays then I'd have gone. I have to get my highbanker/dredge combo done as his little creek needs a little more water at times to make my 30" BGT Prospector work. Hopefully I'll get out to URE next weekend.

Ya try to get a smaller one? I usually go to small creeks right after it rains, because ya can't ever get any equipment in there, except after a good rain.

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool gettn out man! nice take for a couple hours,weather chang'n i will be out very soon! every winter seems to get longer and longer!glad to see some one gett'n it!

DynoGuy

Nov 10, 2013
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
Sluices: Bazooka 30" Prospector, Bazooka Super Mini and a folding A52 clone. Homemade 12" x 24" Miller table.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes I also have a BGT Supermini but you have to classify with that one. I went over to his place on the way home form work on Thursday (ran about 40mins), found a couple of fly poops. The biggest problem I had there, is there is no big rocks to help form a dam (the creek bed is full of sand & small rocks, fist size & smaller). I'm think I'm going to cut a few pieces of sheet aluminum (since I have some here) or find some plastic sheet to form the dam. Thinking I'd fashion a loop on one end for a spike to hold in place and lay the other in front of the other. Thinking cut 6 pieces of 1'x2' and using 1/4" dowel rod cut to 18", will have to give it move thought as I could fit these in my backbpack with my other junk I take with me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread