Upvote 0

sshafer11

Jul 29, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
16,000 coins with no silver. :o that would be enough for me to throw in the towel. Hopefully you find better luck in future finds.

OP
OP
C

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
sshafer11 said:
16,000 coins with no silver. :o that would be enough for me to throw in the towel. Hopefully you find better luck in future finds.

Ya that's bad, makes me want to move out of Indiana n hunt elsewhere!!!

HH

Triple8

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
16 is not so bad. Let me know when you get 99 out of 100 skunks - - That was my last outing with halves. (and no, I am not kidding) I would suggest mixing in some other coins and not go all or nothing on the halves.

Good luck.
MU

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
cbrtriple8 said:
sshafer11 said:

HH

Triple8

You'll never believe this, but when I read your OP, I was going to post a funny quip about you being from Indiana.

I've been on skunk streaks like that...I am currently at 12 or 14 boxes right now, all of them skunks, and all of them in Indiana.

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No surprise, with big evil Jackson Metals next door in Ohio trying to pull all the Silver out of circulation.

OP
OP
C

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
MentalUnrest said:
16 is not so bad. Let me know when you get 99 out of 100 skunks - - That was my last outing with halves. (and no, I am not kidding) I would suggest mixing in some other coins and not go all or nothing on the halves.

Good luck.
MU

Actually I'm on my 32 skunk boxes of August, and I'm sure I'll be breaking your record, based of my last month 's result.....78 straight skunks.....
July was a terrible month for me, I found a total of two 90% n five 40% , out of $1867.50 CWR/teller's tray.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

HH
Triple8

OP
OP
C

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
clovis97 said:
cbrtriple8 said:
sshafer11 said:

HH

Triple8

You'll never believe this, but when I read your OP, I was going to post a funny quip about you being from Indiana.

I've been on skunk streaks like that...I am currently at 12 or 14 boxes right now, all of them skunks, and all of them in Indiana.

Oh , so all those skunk cwr marked " X" or " / " that I 've been getting, were your dump? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: thank you..haha..
But for real, INDIANA is BAD for this hobby lately. I've been doing this since about 1996, and it use to be okay, up until 2007 , and it started going down-hill.
And this year is the worst!!! I think I'll have to start metal detecting, or just hold a sign on the side of highway exit..... :laughing7: j/k..
But for real, I'm thinking about taking road trip to the closest big city - St Louis, Cincinnati , or even Louisville, hope I'll get better luck.

HH
Triple8

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cbrtriple8 said:
sshafer11 said:

HH

Triple8

There was a post in here not to long ago, about two or three months, where a company in Indiana had claimed to have culled all the silver
from the state. Seems they were going through 1,000 half dollars boxes a day for over six months time. When they finished, their claim to fame was that they had all the silver coinage that Indiana had to offer.... :icon_scratch:

That might be the reason for the 16 skunk boxes...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread