Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried to post earlier but passed out. Whoop, feeling light headed again so before I go, CONGRATS ON A ONCE IN A LIFETIME FIND! Banner find all the way

Steve

OP
OP
Vineyarder

Vineyarder

Greenie
Nov 29, 2015
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a killer coin and a hell of a find. I found an NOE 29 last year. I was offered $2000 for mine which is prob more than it is worth. But this guy has the money and likes the look of it. I have no interest in selling. Mine has good detail but it is holed which detracts a bit. The beauty of Mass silvers is that if somebody wants to add one to the collection they may pay a bit more than what it is valued at. I did clean mine because it looked terrible. I also knew that I would be keeping it and wanted it to apoeal to my eye. IP actually walked me through a light cleaning. Congrats on a fantastic find and welcome to the tree coin club my friend.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard TNet! And Congratz on a GREAT Find!!!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a killer coin and a hell of a find. I found an NOE 29 last year. I was offered $2000 for mine which is prob more than it is worth. But this guy has the money and likes the look of it. I have no interest in selling. Mine has good detail but it is holed which detracts a bit. The beauty of Mass silvers is that if somebody wants to add one to the collection they may pay a bit more than what it is valued at. I did clean mine because it looked terrible. I also knew that I would be keeping it and wanted it to apoeal to my eye. IP actually walked me through a light cleaning. Congrats on a fantastic find and welcome to the tree coin club my friend.

Damn that looks better all the time. Pretty high grade too!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn that looks better all the time. Pretty high grade too!

It helps that my buddy is a professional photographer. He took some grest pics for the article I wrote. Look at these. The closeup is crazy
image.jpg
image.jpg

Not trying to hijack your thread Vineyarder. I could look at these coins all day. And can't thank IP enough for the cleaning advice. I was scared to death while doing it but ecststic with the result

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2000 ? Sold ! :P

I would only have 2 questions about that offer...

Would you like a box to put it in ?
Gift wrapped ?

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Article written...

It helps that my buddy is a professional photographer. He took some grest pics for the article I wrote. Look at these. The closeup is crazy
View attachment 1242079
View attachment 1242080

Not trying to hijack your thread Vineyarder. I could look at these coins all day. And can't thank IP enough for the cleaning advice. I was scared to death while doing it but ecststic with the result
I too do not want to hijack but i am interested in what article you wrote Ahab8,I'd love to read it if it's on NOE/MARAS/MILLER,Etc. Early Coppers!...HAPPY HUNTING ALL:thumbsup:!!!

Attachments

• DSCI0192.JPG
    DSCI0192.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 124

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tokenhead the article that I wrote was in the silver and gold edition of Western & Eastern Treasure 2015. It probably won't interest you as its only about my experience finding the tree coin and a 1664 cob side by side. There are some nice books on Mass silvers though. I could look at and talk about them for days. What a beautiful early piece of history. I still can't believe I actually found one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread