🥇 BANNER 1652 Massachusetts Pine Tree

Rhode Hog

Jun 22, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Back to the site in New England that has produced Tree coins in the past, dug this pine tree 10 inches down in a tangle of roots. Hoping that the experts can identify the variety. Let's hope the weather is not like last year so we can hunt all winter. P1010966.JPG P1010965.JPG

Upvote 102
OP
OP
R

Rhode Hog

Jun 22, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Hello Hogge i did sell the last 3 oak tree coins with Stacks the broker Viken was great to work with,i am sure my wife will be contacting him soon.Silver Tree i have already hunted with you if your first name is Jim.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The age and unique history behind this coin makes it one of the most amazing coins anyone can ever hope to find in North America. Simply stunning!

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Hogge i did sell the last 3 oak tree coins with Stacks the broker Viken was great to work with,i am sure my wife will be contacting him soon.Silver Tree i have already hunted with you if your first name is Jim.

Rhode Hog - Yes, I met you in the cornfield with JB. Congrats on your latest Mass Silver. I found a Noe-14 Oak Tree back in 2006 and a cut piece of a Noe-1 Oak Tree about three years ago - that was a one variety away from a Willow Tree, albeit a cut coin. I'm now approaching the 10 year mark without another whole specimen, so I regard your total of coins as absolutely mind-blowing. I will send you a PM.

Palmetto

Mar 21, 2009
UpCountry, SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Teknetics T2, Fisher Goldbug,
Whites 5900/ di Pro sl
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! Outstanding. I hunt in RI about twice a year and was fortunate to see a quarter pine tree come out ! That is a fantastic find and a banner.

Russ

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is this amazing find still not on banner??

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sheeeesh hola crapola...

Seen some trees... this is really a nice one.

Banner.

Last edited:

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Beepbeep13

Mar 15, 2014
MA, South Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Thanks Big Boy Hobbies) Makro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING! Look at the detail!!! My Banner vote is IN! Congrats again!!

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other

if thats not a banner find, nothin is, congrats to you i am sooo jealous:BangHead:

Beepbeep13

Mar 15, 2014
MA, South Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Thanks Big Boy Hobbies) Makro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A dream coin on anyone's list, wheres the banner?

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is this amazing find still not on banner??
These's days I think your face has to fit first, amazing finds like this seem to come second....Great find, I'll add a banner vote, not that it will make much difference...Bring back Marc.:laughing7:

SS

streakert

Aug 1, 2013
central Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Minelab CTX 3030,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a find once a few years back that everyone raved about and it didn't make banner, I was bummed for a while, then I came to the conclusion that I made a cocky post that killed my chances, his remarks about this being his 8 th probably killed if for him. Personally his pics of that coin may be the best example/ condition known, I hope it is.
Silver shoebuckle in case anyone was wondering...

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a find once a few years back that everyone raved about and it didn't make banner, I was bummed for a while, then I came to the conclusion that I made a cocky post that killed my chances, his remarks about this being his 8 th probably killed if for him. Personally his pics of that coin may be the best example/ condition known, I hope it is.
Silver shoebuckle in case anyone was wondering...
If this doesn't go and that incredible shoe buckle didn't go that is sad....regardless of the post. It's about the finds in my opinion

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The "I can't wait to sell this one too" attitude is kinda d-baggy.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The "I can't wait to sell this one too" attitude is kinda d-baggy.
Can't find that reference, but what's it got to do with the price of rice in China? Others have unloaded their finds that have made the banner and it makes no difference what they do with it as it's theirs to do what they feel fit to do with the found piece.
For the reasons why and why not something happens regarding the find going up seems to purely in the hands that run the show, not the membership.

OP
OP
R

Rhode Hog

Jun 22, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Here we go with the insults this is the reason i have not posted my post my finds on todays finds before ,and this coming from someone that has a 100 dollar bill as their photo .looks to me like you like money to

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread