Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS :-:
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone!

July of last year I went back to my home town of Augsburg in Germany to visit family. (Studying abroad)

My cousin asked me about my old Ace250 I had stored in the basement and we popped it out just for fun to fool around a bit, went to my uncle's back yard and started detecting.

The yard is in a city so its pretty microscopic probably only about 50 square feet and full of dry dog poo from my uncles dogs.

We said ok lets just dig 3 targets and go back.. 1rst a zipper second a 50ct piece and 3rd a tiny round piece of garbage (we thought)

Went back in and cleaned the stuff and to our surprise we could make out a castle on the little round coin!
Further cleaning revealed 1699!

We cleaned it carefully and took this picture which I had on my phone and then PC somewhere and couldnt find it till now. I now finally found the pic and wanted to share.

11924801_10207469230879413_1626040146408980500_o.jpg

Its a one sided hammered copper coin in good condition for its age. A local numismatic told us its a copper penny hand forged and minted by the city of Ravensburg, only worth about 10usd at most but its my oldest coin so far and wouldnt give it away for 500 bucks :-)

The best stuff is in the strangest places, keep digging folks!

Upvote 6

silver john

Apr 17, 2016
Troy, New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO with NEL Storm coil Garrett ATmax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In such amazing shape being that old, would of thought it would be totally roached.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions