17 Tons of gold in New Mexico

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Roadquest

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, are you saying that they moved the gold in the same year of the hearings.

If so, did they move it before the hearings, or after,maybe fearing the government
would be able to find the first burial site. With so much talk going on about it.

I'm finding this a little hard to except. This is quite a bit of activied, and a huge risk.
Knowing, or they should have know that the government was watching them.

I agree that some gold was moved, the dates are what I'm having a hard time with.
And I also believe the gold was moved no more than 60 miles.

Clayton

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
Clayton, McEachen was a real person.

Mike, do you think the caretaker informed "trabuco" of the movement ?

ARB, Thankyou for the file.

:coffee2: Gary

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clayton,

It was either just before (during the investigations) or just after the hearings (due to the influx of treasure hunters after all the newspaper articles).

Also Angus McEachen was a well documented Assistant US District Attorney.

Gary,

I would have to guess that he did. I don't know for certain though. He died without even telling his family where he hid the gold.

Best-Mike

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Mike

"It was either just before (during the investigations) or just after the hearings (due to the influx of treasure hunters after all the newspaper articles)."

I have checked my newspaper articles from the hearings, and I can not find mention of New Mexico in any of them. California and southwestern United States are mentioned. Which makes me wonder why people would have turned up in New Mexico, that kind of info would have had to come from somewhere.

Gary

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Clayton

"Gary I believe you have a reasonable idea, as I do which one of the people involved in this was AKA
Leon Trabuco when it served the purpose."

As you know I have said I do not believe anyone called Trabuco played any part in this story, my own view is that it is nothing more than writers "artistic licence". Of course I could be wrong.
But for me the fact that every person who can be proved to be a real person in this story is a Californian speaks volumes.
When all the facts surrounding the story are placed together the whole New Mexico (4 corners) thing makes little sense.
The people approached to sell it were from Ca, the deliveries were aranged for a Ca mint, all the players were from Ca, the pilots were from Ca. They all lived a stones throw apart, at least 4 of them were involved in mining/gold transactions at one time or another.

You have read my Villa, Holmdahl, Noss theory, it sounds off the wall, but if I could show you the documents I have and show you the location of the 1950s site, I know you would think "oh yeah that makes perfect sense"
Of course that does not make me right, only time will tell.

Of everyone here, I believe you have the most insight into the depth of my research. I spent the last 2 days reviewing this whole thread, and although it is interesting, nothing more has really been exposed other than that which was already known.
Having said that some interesting new angles have come to light, mostly from Mike and more recently Model T, although none of them with any real evidence in support. And that sums up the problem with this story, no one is interested in sharing information because it is believed that this treasure still exists, buried out there in the desert somewhere, waiting to be discovered. And of course everyone wants to be the finder.

So in answer to your statement, yes I do have an Idea who "Trabuco" was, but that could all come tumbling down with the next post. For me, trying to find evidence of the 1933-1950 link is really nothing more than an exercise in trying to find another possible for the origin of the gold. But something tells me I will never find that link, I believe if it exists its being closely guarded. I have three possibilities, each with their own pros and cons. But for now I have to give the most credence to the ones that have the most supporting evidence.
You know my theories, so you know who my "trabuco" is.
No matter the story is intriguing and everyone who researches it, will find more twists and turns than a NorCal mountain road, the whole subject remains open to debate, and like everyone else who follows the thread, I'l be waiting, hoping to learn something new that sheads light on the origin of the gold that was being offered for sale. Hopefully it is sitting in the groud at my site, fingers and toes crossed.

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Looking back at Model Ts glyph, and considering the different aircraft attributed to the story. (Bi-Plane Tri-Motor) take a look at this plane. especially the wing shape and engine configuration.

Gary

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 1,174
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hio mi buddy Peerelss Nothing to add since I haven't researched it nor am I in competition with you. One question, -->"peerless"?? Does this mean that you are up to being an Irishman, or down to a Britlanders status. No peers eh?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Real de Tayopa said:
Hio mi buddy Peerelss Nothing to add since I haven't researched it nor am I in competition with you. One question, -->"peerless"?? Does this mean that you are up to being an Irishman, or down to a Britlanders status. No peers eh?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Hola mi amigo Jose, I am glad to hear I am not in competition with you, for I would surely come off second best. Besides I never entered so you win anyway. :thumbsup:

Peerless is my real name, I have always considered myself an Englishman ;D . I would not consider it a rise in status to become an Irishman >:( , for that would be the same as a Newyorker considering himself elevated to the status of a muslim. :o
Alas the world knows only to well that the English are to blame for everything bad in the world, even the potato famine, I would guess it was some old English witch doctor who cursed the weather that caused it. :icon_study:

I am sure you would find the 17 tons interesting should you decide to research it :icon_study: , I certainly have.
In the mean time the debate continues, hopefully you will stick around and add to the diversity of the thread. :thumbsup:

:coffee2: Gary (warm beer drinking, bad toothed, limey, without equal)

Model T

Greenie
Feb 17, 2006
Gary, Along with your fingers and toes crossed, also take a small army along and make certain your life insurance is up to date. We want you to be careful as we have all become rather fond of you for sharing your research. Here's hopping all the best for your medical and hunt. Model T

BILL96

Mar 29, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
LST
Gary,
Have you had a chance to read Penfields account yet? it certainly was one of the most interesting accounts that I have ever read, it follows the newspaper acounts almost word for word. Penfield states that he interviewed the the US attorney on more than one occasion and was told that the major players who testified claimed that the gold was indeed buried in the 4 corners. No dought it has long since been moved Penfield does give a very accurate account of events up to that point.

Bill

OP
OP
Roadquest

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always had this thought in the back of my mind.
"Trabuco" brought this gold to the United States as an
investment.

To get a higher return on it.

A lot of the large investments are high risk, high return.
But, would they have put all their eggs in one basket. Would
you put all that gold in one hole. I think I would not.
I also, think

they may not have. Could this be why we have
the references four corners, Rather than "a" place in the
four corners.
Who knows, just a thought.........Clayton

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Bill, I have now read all of Penfields accounts, it is my own personal belief that his account is nothing more than a reprint of the few facts that were known. I give little credibility to his 4 corners statement, as he only expresses it as his own belief after interviewing the principle players.
In his accounts he gives several locations, southwestern united states, northwestern new mexico. He does mention the 4 corners area, and he claims that when that location was put to McEachen he replied "thats probably pretty close" he uses terms like "this writer believes" and "we will go along with the northwestern new mexico location"

Also worth a mention is that although the original book has been reprinted several times since 1954 the first time 4 corners actually appears in print is in the 1981 version.
Remember in 1981 there was no one left to argue that point, so how much credibility can be attributed ?

I still am not convinced that the 4 corners area of NM plays any part in this story, as I have said before I could be proven wrong in the next post, but I doubt it.

PS: How about Madame Barcelo? according to penfield "if such a person as Madame Barcelo ever existed a diligent search in New Mexico has failed to reveal it"

Makes you wonder how diligent his searches were.

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Clayton, the aircraft is a 1935/6 de Havilland twin engined bi plane. I just thought the wing shape and engine layout was interesting, compared to Model Ts glyph

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread