Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am lucky enough to have 2 permissions on old farms where the owners have said come back anytime. At the 1700's house that used to have 4,000 acres(now 3 acres) and the house next door that has 10 acres I'll have a lot of ground to cover. Glad it's not 4000 anymore. Both owners have asked to keep everything I find, even junk. They have taken everything and put it into a sort of "seaglass jar" to display in the 1700 house. The owner said he'll admire it until he sells the house with the idea that it belongs with the house. I think it's a great idea, at least I'll have pictures of my finds. I dug a lot of flashing bits by the house so moved out and found some interesting things. The KG2 was next door at the 10 acre property.
454.jpg
455.jpg
It's in pretty good shape. The owner said he won't clean it, he likes the contrast.
443.jpg
Also found this interesting brass drift punch.
451.jpg
A carriage neck yolk part
422.jpg
Bunch of stuff.
Thanks for looking. GM

Last edited:
Upvote 23

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That coin is awesome nice collection of relics a place like that anything could show up. Well done my friend. Tommy

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So you're just digging for the pleasure of digging? Kudos to you, good servant.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, but I myself would never hunt for somebody else to turn over all finds. Gotta be a more even playing field for me, I'm not giving away my time, experience, and detector cost for others to keep what I dig.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on you for enjoying the thrill of the find and donating to the property owner. Sowing good seed there, my friend, it will be repaid somehow in the future.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, but I myself would never hunt for somebody else to turn over all finds. Gotta be a more even playing field for me, I'm not giving away my time, experience, and detector cost for others to keep what I dig.

Ditto

OP
OP
Gene Mean

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So you're just digging for the pleasure of digging? Kudos to you, good servant.

Yes, def digging for the pleasure of being out there. Happy hunting.

OP
OP
Gene Mean

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I hear what your saying. This was a first for me and I liked his idea. I'm hunting for the pleasure of hunting. HH

OP
OP
Gene Mean

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good on you for enjoying the thrill of the find and donating to the property owner. Sowing good seed there, my friend, it will be repaid somehow in the future.

Thank you CreakyD. I enjoy being out in a field no doubt. You'll hear me thanking God out loud for the chance to be out there.

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is an awesome coin; the soil has been kind to it. I hope the owner throws you a bone or two at least. Good luck and happy hunting!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see both sides but you put in alot of effort he should let you keep some of the finds.. It would be fun to hunt Im not knocking you Im sure you have a blast. You are a good man. Tommy

OP
OP
Gene Mean

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is an awesome coin; the soil has been kind to it. I hope the owner throws you a bone or two at least. Good luck and happy hunting!

Agree, I was surprised at the condition. I'll be heading back there in the future, we'll see if I can go home with some goodies.

OP
OP
Gene Mean

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can see both sides but you put in alot of effort he should let you keep some of the finds.. It would be fun to hunt Im not knocking you Im sure you have a blast. You are a good man. Tommy

Thanks Tommy. I've only hit a small part of the property. I figure at some point I'll be renegotiating with him. It's just an honor to be on such an old property.

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Nice going, you’ve been busy. You’re a better man than me. If a homeowner told me they were going to keep everything I think I would thank them and move on. Don’t get me wrong, I love leaving them with a souvenir or two but I love adding to my stories and display pieces as well

OP
OP
Gene Mean

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going, you’ve been busy. You’re a better man than me. If a homeowner told me they were going to keep everything I think I would thank them and move on. Don’t get me wrong, I love leaving them with a souvenir or two but I love adding to my stories and display pieces as well

Thank you again washingtonian. Silver or gold would probably have found it's way in the pouch. And it was tough giving up the KG2. I was with a friend and his 12 yr old son. The son dug a 1943 Walker half and I told him to stick it in his pocket. They kept their finds. I just told the owner they didn't find anything good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread