Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to my 8reale spot today for a half day hunt..
Finds covered 300 years..
Was real happy to get my first intact shoe buckle.
Then came the silvers, I hate to sound ungrateful but man what a bummer. When your finding 1700s shoe buckles and 8Reales,then pull out merks.
NOT WHAT I WAS EXPECTING.
Then came some flat buttons and the spoon bowl.
Right before I left I found 2 toasted coppers. At least I thought they were, but got home and the one vleaned up real nice..1852 LC.
If anyone ever seen this little bottle with the copper around it let me know. I have never seen anything like it before.
Thanks for looking
George

Upvote 7
Ok guys Georgie has lil tiny girly hands. That is actually a knee buckle lol. Congrats buddy on checking that one off the list. Ya know I could have just sent you one of my 16 buckles lol. Kinda like half cents for me....maybe someday

Didn't you know Merc's are actually seeds for Barber halves? I figured Carolina Tom would have told you that while you guys were standing around watering bushes:tongue3:
Too bad the one tooth is broken off the buckle. You can't get much closer than that.

Ok guys Georgie has lil tiny girly hands. That is actually a knee buckle lol. Congrats buddy on checking that one off the list. Ya know I could have just sent you one of my 16 buckles lol. Kinda like half cents for me....maybe someday

Ooops, I knew it! There he goes with his buckle braggin!!

Congrats Vino! Glad to see that you were able to get out for a little hunt.

That buckle is killer. Go ahead make that your avatar. I bet you are excited about finally being 1/16th as good as Abe!

I know that the silvers are "too new", but I still like them... shiny so shiny.

Stay out of the heat and best of luck to you on your hunts!

That buckle is killer. Go ahead make that your avatar. I bet you are excited about finally being 1/16th as good as Abe!

Thanks Tom.

Nice LC and great buckle...seeing more of them lately complete...a nice early one.

Whooo! Low blow there Tom! Lol. He's found a couple nice buckles so it's more like he's 1/14th as good as Ol' Abe

Nice... Vino is on a roll... AGAIN!

Nice shoe buckle George. I know what you mean about digging more recent silver in a colonial spot. More than once I have dug a Barber dime in a colonial spot and found myself disappointed....

Nice shoe buckle George. I know what you mean about digging more recent silver in a colonial spot. More than once I have dug a Barber dime in a colonial spot and found myself disappointed....

Thanks Steve.
Yes, when your expecting spanish or at least seated. Then its a Merk..
Bummer!! Lol

The buckle is great and the LC cleaned up pretty nicely for a copper you weren't expecting much from. Nice day of hunting.

Thanks Steve.
Yes, when your expecting spanish or at least seated. Then its a Merk..
Bummer!! Lol

Yep, it can be disappointing. When I dug that 1/2 real recently it read 12-41/42. A foot away I got the same reading, at the same depth, and thought "money baby!". It was a worn barber dime:(

the small bottle with the copper sheathing is for holy water. keeps off vampires, wolfmen, zombies and such.

guardez

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back