CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi T Net diggers , :skullflag: Tue mourning .. Fields are opening up in SJ after a long hot summer . New location near the Old Kings Highway , been awhile so I'm fired up..:tongue3: grabbed the CZ , juiced it up with some fresh Duracells , drove out to a new field that I had a chance to get permission for searching . After a bit of rambling I found a few goodies to share with you all . It feels good to be " back in business " after being slammed with obligations and a recent eye surgery . Great conditions , , NO ticks , poison ivy , chiggers , bow hunters and Best of All NO hassle from lives everyday pressures :BangHead:

8-) just a much needed , relaxing , peaceful day . Almost escaped my mind :laughing7: sugar sand near the coastal areas of NJ ..;) shhhhh don't tell nobody ,,,,The Best soil conditions for most lost 200 + year old relics and coins . :sunny:

Found >> a pinfire cartaige from the early 1800's Thanks for the id kugar , piece of ornate shoe buckle , 1807 KG III ship penny from the Bahama Island , first one I ever dug , actually the first one I ever saw . Holed but that baby got me psyched for the next hit .. A cool looking relic that I think is wild .. it's not a Griffin but has an English look about it .. :icon_scratch: made of brass . Engraved rosette but it still needs some more cleaning to get the detail , still wonderful condition as well as the coin . Any way , it seems like this site holds more and I hope to get back on here with some more Early US finds .

Thanks for taking a look . HH Mike

:skullflag: CMDdawg Buckle rev..JPG Fall 2012  # 01.JPG Fall 2.JPG Fall #1.JPG 1807 KG III.JPG 1807 KG III rev..JPG Fall 2012 016.JPG Fall 2012 before cleanup.JPG Fall 2012 truck shot.JPG fall 2012  ship on rev.JPG kings_highway.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 8

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like maybe a Lion, and is quite a cool thing. The penny is a good find too and they certainly are no where close to as common as the British coins with the same or similar bust. Not much value in that condition (as usual) but certainly some street cred in the detecting hood.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice stuff Dawg looking forward to more of your posts. Your title caught my eye. I live right off kings highway but not near you. Sweet copper =)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guess you have a matching opposing Lion with a handle inbetween. Not sure if it were on top of a clock or?

coinhound

Sep 26, 2012
Northwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra VX3, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Whites Prizm 5G, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations. Certainly looks like a profitable afternoon to me. I'm always amazed at the finds that come out of a field, and your items are no exception. Really like the lion it looks so familiar but I just can't seem to place it. Anyhow, hope that the field continues to be good to you.

Coinhound

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me jealous. Great finds!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs Mike,and ya got a Pinfire too!

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Kuger,

Re the pinfire, I'm assuming you're talking about the item that looks like a shotgun shell with something sticking out the side. I found one of these in England this summer and didn't know what it was. Any color on when these were used? Thanks.

Great digs Mike,and ya got a Pinfire too!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kuger,

Re the pinfire, I'm assuming you're talking about the item that looks like a shotgun shell with something sticking out the side. I found one of these in England this summer and didn't know what it was. Any color on when these were used? Thanks.

Yep Eric,thats what I was referring to,they came in shotgun's as well as pistols.They are fairly rare in the grand scheme of things but do show up.They date back quite early...slightly pre mid 19 the Century?Google search Pinfire....lots of info :occasion14:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinfire

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks kuger--I will have to pull out the one I found this summer in England an post a pic. Appreciate the info!

Yep Eric,thats what I was referring to,they came in shotgun's as well as pistols.They are fairly rare in the grand scheme of things but do show up.They date back quite early...slightly pre mid 19 the Century?Google search Pinfire....lots of info :occasion14:
Pinfire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt DAWG! Good to see you digging and posting again. The lion is uber-cool, as is the rosette. The Bahama copper reminds me of a 1793 KG III Bermuda copper I dug about 10 years ago. Mine is not as nice as yours, but they are similar with KG on the front and a ship on the back.

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
I think the rosette is cool:icon_thumright: I have a small collection of my own started. I cant go without commenting on the copper. It is nice to see a coin that I have not seen before.

VPR

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the cool finds..........................HH

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Dawg, I always look forward to yours posts. Kings Highway is where it is at - good luck this season!

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt DAWG! Good to see you digging and posting again. The lion is uber-cool, as is the rosette. The Bahama copper reminds me of a 1793 KG III Bermuda copper I dug about 10 years ago. Mine is not as nice as yours, but they are similar with KG on the front and a ship on the back.
England was celebrating the expulsion of pirates according to a google site on this coin .. not much info on it . Wonder if someone wore it around their neck :icon_scratch: Thanks Steve

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ben .. Kings Highway ,, same to you 8-)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread