1715 Fleet Grappling Anchor...

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys... about two years ago, I had purchased a large Grappling Anchor from a friend that used to work on the 1715 Fleet sites way back during the "early days". He died several years back but shared so many great stories with me about his adventures along the Treasure Coast and talked about "being able to literally see and pick up artifacts and coins off the reefs in those days"! Anyway, the grappling anchor was in pretty rough shape when I got it but I have since conserved it properly and it has been a special part of my own shipwreck collection. I am presently returning to a law enforcement career and will be selling off much of my shipwreck collection (along with this grappling anchor) as I am moving and my new place of residence will be way too small for me to keep all of my shipwreck items so this stuff has to go...

I know Dan Sedwick runs his treasure auctions but it is unfortunately too late to get my items in his present auction that is about to begin and I don't have time to wait and consign everything for his next auction. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could sell my shipwreck collection (Other than ebay or flea markets... the fees involved are too high and buyers either don't understand the values of these type of items or they just want to haggle the price down to ridiculous levels)? My asking prices are really reasonable and fair for my items and I am willing to negotiate but not "give "stuff away...

Please PM me if you have any suggestions or know of anyone who may be interested in my collection... it is mostly Spanish Colonial artifacts and treasures from the 1715 Fleet, but I do have other pieces from other famous wrecks as well (including an awesome group of goodies from the Consolacion Wreck - 1681) and some incredibly rare Port Royal items too. Most of my collection have Certificates of Authenticity to go with the items as well. Thanks in advance for any helpful advice...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions