1715 fleet questions

FireRescue

Jul 28, 2007
Middle Georgia
I'm still stupid to treasure hunting so please forgive my naive questions, but are there any unearthed bundles of treasure from the 1715 treasure fleet that have yet to be found? I'd hate to waste time looking for something that has already been found. It seems most people on other web sites that say stuff about the wrecked ships only speak from uneducated speculative hearsay.

Any info is much appreciated.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FireRescue - Welcome to the Shipwreck Forum, and to TreasureNet!

Lots of good info posted on the 1715 fleets that went down along the Florida coast. 5 of the 12 ships lost that day have not yet been found. However a group of treasure hunters may have just found one of them.

Welcome aboard

Tom

pollibr

Mar 11, 2006
Valrico Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite
It will be interesting to find out the name of the ship they have found after identification. The 1715 Fleet is one rich treasure fleet. I am going to the area to do some detecting soon...Would like to meet some people who are interested. Hopefully going to attend Bob Frogfoot Wellers seminar next summer.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
pollibr said:
It will be interesting to find out the name of the ship they have found after identification. The 1715 Fleet is one rich treasure fleet. I am going to the area to do some detecting soon...Would like to meet some people who are interested. Hopefully going to attend Bob Frogfoot Wellers seminar next summer.
[/quote

Based on my research I would say its the "Maria Galante"

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Ubilla bought a FRAGGATILLA (small type frigate)-- THE MARIA GALANTE * in havana ( THE BOOK BY "SUNKEN TREASURE ON FLORIDA'S REEFS" 1993 revised ed-- BY ROBERT "FROGFOOT" WELLER has it listed as one word MARIAGALANTE* on page 115)---THIS VESSEL MAYBE ---THE "ENGlISH PRIZE" A BALANDRA OR SMALL TYPE FRIGATE TAKEN BY ECHEVERZ --known as the "San Miguel de Excelsis" while under Echeverz ---Echeverz sold it to local merchants in havana to raise funds to support his vessels and crews while they waited several months for Ubilla in havana ----the local merchants most likely renamed it the Maria Galante and when Ubilla come to havana short 4 pataches ---he most likely bought it from them---he then renamed it to "Nuestra Senora de la Regla"-- it is often called either Ubilla's second patache or friggatilla (small frigate type vessel)--- Ivan

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the spanish didnt know it was bad luck to rename a ship.Thats why they all got wrecked and sank.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
FISHEYE said:
I guess the spanish didnt know it was bad luck to rename a ship.Thats why they all got wrecked and sank.

You do believe in bad luck...but you dont believe in old man stories ;D :D :D :D :D

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
FireRescue,

if you go to that area, wait for the weather. sand is high right now, once the
sand is move's out! best time to go. hit all wrecks sites in that area. On the 1715 Fleet,
" So called " two ships sailed north?? one went down in around Saint Augustine area, and the other Amelia Island inlet. ?? two ships still in question.

Fellow brother. 51M20

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread