Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bottles10

May 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garriet
Look in any revine in the back of the foundation. If it is near creek or river look along the banks allso while looking in water for busted glass or pottery. Look for chard of old cork top bottles and pottery. Good luck

OP
OP
Minkey

Minkey

Aug 5, 2008
Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks bottles10 now that I think of it I do remember seeing a ravine in the back of the foundation. On Saturday I'm going to try to find iron signals in the ravine with my X-terra 70.

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Hey Mink, Welcome aboard!

Sounds like a great possibility for finding some really old stuff.

First of all.....Danger!!!!!........Watch out for any old wells in the area. Many times they are right up next to the foundation. They can also be a good place to find some goodies.

Is it in a wooded area? When was it last inhabited? You may have to do some probing with a long metal rod. Also, if you have lots of time to work the site you may want to do some screening of the soil.

Good luck!..........HH

OP
OP
Minkey

Minkey

Aug 5, 2008
Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks MEinWV for the help and it is in a wooded area and nobody has lived in it for at least 150 years! I know the only time it is touched is when my neighbor cuts the treesdown so his cattle have more room to graze.

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
it wont be very far from house it will look like a shallow circleish hole in the ground.you will find stuff there.dig at least 5-7 ft maybe even alittle deeper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread