1715 IMPORTANT BEACH QUESTIONS

doubloonhunter

Jul 1, 2005
CT/FL
Detector(s) used
excalibur minelab .. Etrac on order... Minelab safari back up
I have only detected a few times at the 1715 sites on the beaches.. I worked an area south of john brooks park, near a boat launch ramp on the intercoastal side, found nothing. Here were my questions from treasure coasts sharpies.. All help greatly appreciated.

1. Right after a major blow is there one beach that gives up more coins,artifacts,emeralds than the others?

2. when you get just a average blow that shakes some things up, not a full blown hurricane, would there be a better beach to detect to give you a better chance?

I have heard the Holiday Inn in vero beach
chucks steak house spot in vero
wabasso
cardigans

thanks for the help

Upvote 0

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
A lot depends on which way the wind and waves are blowing during the blow. For the past year, almost all storms on the treasure coast have resulted in further 'sanding in' of the beaches, piling up several feet of sand on the beaches. And as a result, not much 'treasure' has been found.

On top of this natural sanding in, many of the beaches on the treasure coast have been re nourished with sand in the past 12 months, including all the beaches you mentioned:

Holiday Inn in vero beach
chucks steak house spot in vero
wabasso
cardigans

To compound matters, the beaches are detected daily by many detectorists, some local, and many visitors, and they pretty much clean the beaches each day of any recent or old targets.

This doesn't mean you won't find anything, but does mean it is very possible you can detect all day and not find anything except recent cruise ship trash over-board droppings.

For a daily report on treasure coast detecting finds and conditions, see http://treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com/

Bill

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First a couple of corrections. It's Corrigan's and Second, Chucks was never in Vero. It was North of the Sebastion Inlet.

As far as what is the best producing beach goes, that's up for grabs with any of them being possible producers after a good blow. You have to remember that treasure washes out, not in. What is found on the beaches was either deposited during the original hurricane or is now being washed out of the dunes as they are eroded.

Emeralds have been found on the beaches from Sebastian Inlet to Ft. Pierce. Wabasso and Pepper Park in Ft. Pierce seem to be notable emerald beaches. After a storm you really have to just go look at the beaches to determine if enough of the new sand has been removed to make hunting worth while.

At the old Chucks site, North of where the steps came down to the beach to the end of the parking lot was the best coin producing area and when the waves were actually slapping the dune line they could often be snatched up as they appeared (not for the amateur or the faint at heart).

Read everything you can put your hands on, put in your time on the beach (pay your dues), learn to read the beach and you will find treasure or at the least, artifacts from the lost fleet.

Deepsix

C

Cappy Z.

This is a little off topic, however I am providing a link to the Amelia Recovery group. They have posted under "Romancing the Stone" that "Brazilian" emeralds (not Colombian) were recently found.

I wonder if there is any other documentation anywhere...that also verifies the Spanish carried Brazilian emeralds.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread, bu the Polly works the 1715 Fleet I believe.

lol!! Heres the link.. http://www.ameliaresearch.com/pages/middle.htm

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BillyBudd007 said:
This is a little off topic, however I am providing a link to the Amelia Recovery group. They have posted under "Romancing the Stone" that "Brazilian" emeralds (not Colombian) were recently found.

I wonder if there is any other documentation anywhere...that also verifies the Spanish carried Brazilian emeralds.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread, bu the Polly works the 1715 Fleet I believe.

Just curious. Then why hijack it??

Deepsix

C

Cappy Z.

deepsix47 said:
BillyBudd007 said:

Just curious. Then why hijack it??

Deepsix

The link is has valuable information regarding the 1715 Fleet. :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread