1719, 1730 Georges, 2-1723 Hibernia's

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a little play time today before the rain so I decided to recon an area that I came across last spring. I had found a large iron kettle cover along with some other early iron last year. It was full tick season and the area that I wanted to go into was really overgrown. I put it off until today. So I got in and found the site. I had about an hour in before it really started to rain. The first coin up was a 1730 Half Penny. Next up were the two Hibernia's. After that was a 1710 George. The sandy ground was really good to todays coins. I think I'll go back and get a few more before the the ticks come out in full force!!

Attachments

• theo4.jpg
    theo4.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 138
  • theo3.jpg
    theo3.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 104
  • theo2.jpg
    theo2.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 105
  • theo5.jpg
    theo5.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 98
  • theo1.jpg
    theo1.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 38

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a little play time today before the rain so I decided to recon an area that I came across last spring. I had found a large iron kettle cover along with some other early iron last year. It was full tick season and the area that I wanted to go into was really overgrown. I put it off until today. So I got in and found the site. I had about an hour in before it really started to rain. The first coin up was a 1730 Half Penny. Next up were the two Hibernia's. After that was a 1710 George. The sandy ground was really good to todays coins. I think I'll go back and get a few more before the the ticks come out in full force!!
Very Cool!!!! Congrats!!!

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great looking coins too! Congrats

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
I have found about 50 KGII and KGIII h'pennies and all of them are badly worn. Some are virtually unrecognizable. Lots are counterfeits. The historical record tells that barrels of these coins were worn out in England and then shipped to the colonies. In my area, from my experience, most of the coins were these worn ones. The coins you found are very different, being in such good condition. I wonder about their source. I'd really like to find one in such good condition!

OP
OP
cannonball

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All great coins! The George II is incredible! The "1710" might be a 1719 or 1720 -? There were no 1710 dated halfpennies issued.
Bramble is correct. Thank you. It's 1719

Attachments

• theo 6.jpg
    theo 6.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 4

igloo777

Jun 25, 2020
Detector(s) used
Fisher ID Excel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look fantastic. What are your method of cleaning?

OP
OP
cannonball

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They look fantastic. What are your method of cleaning?
The method of cleaning is really as old as time. Prevent build up on coins by detecting in the best ground!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread