SCJohn

May 14, 2016
Charleston, sc
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got our for 2 hunts on Father's Day and had a great day. 1st hunt was on a family farm south of Charleston that gave up a pulled 3 ringer then headed home and got the kayak out and headed up the cooper river to a few sites that I had found a few months back. Only made it to the first site but I'm not complaining. Wasn't sure on the age other than it was noted in a book along the river in 1852 but after today I'll be going back soon. On the 3rd hole I popped out what I thought was a large cent then moved on since it was to corroded to ID then hit another signal a few feet away and out popped what looked to be a worn 1/2 Reale. I stayed another hour but nothing else popped out. I paddled home happy and after dinner I looked at the coins. The 1/2 is a 1740 and I was amazed but then the shock. I started cleaning the large cent and noticed it looked different. I was able to pull 2 things..Dulci and 1722. I stopped and looked it up. It's a KG1 Rosa Americana. I had never heard of it until today. Holding off on any further cleaning until I can figure out how to clean without doing any damage. Open to ideas but this coin is rare apparently. Still in shock but woohoo. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Upvote 29

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs John, the silver is always a nice find, but far fewer folks will ever dig a Rosa Americana. Big congrats
ive seen more "tree coins" over the yrs than I have Rosa's

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
S

SCJohn

May 14, 2016
Charleston, sc
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for all of the comments. Best week in a long time. Trying find the time to get back to that site. Time and tides not cooperating.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions