Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose....after the mandatory stop at the golden arch for mud and b'sandwich it was off to one of our old haunts that produced a few coins along the shore. As the tide was going out we headed to the "other side" hitting dead low tide.

Navy Davy and I poured out of his truck , switched on the detectors and swung away amongst the multitude of ducks and albino crows. My Freedom 3 Plus doesn't like the wet sand so I borrowed ND's back up Tecknetics which was more stable for hunting these conditions. Wasn't long before I saw that grin.....you know the one like on the Cheshire Cat in "Alice in Wonderland!" Then he showed me........................wowzer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1725 and it was a very good year save for the poor bouy who lost that coin.
Navy Davy did his happy dance and we sung along the seashore for a tad more then headed to "United Nations Field" and dug clad till I whined about my knee seizing up.
Navy Davy's take for the hunt. Notice the neat Indian head pin which had some sort of advertising on the back.

Bluenoser's take including a 1921 dime and every young girl's dream.

ND being the handy guy he is is now in possession of my AT Pro as the upper shaft has to come off it so it can be mailed. Just a suggestion to folks that use water machines to take them apart and clean them now and again so that they can be easily dismantled. Also gave him 5 925 "O,s" to clean up......what do you mean taking advantage of him.....of course he is retired and needs the make work projects.
Speaking of work I go back Tuesday. Looking forward to it as I have been off since last November. Knee will get some rest then at least till Hunny Bunny goes under the knife in early Sept. Prayers for her appreciated me son and happy hunting!

Upvote 4

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Leslie. Congrats to ND on that super nice oldie. :hello2: Is the thing with the Indian head on it a hat pin? :icon_scratch:
Glad you got out and best wishes for your wife's surgery. :thumbsup:

HH

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leslie , did you find a silver dime - left of the nickel in the last photo ? May the good Lord watch over your wife (and you all ) during her
surgery .

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice score !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread