Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.......and NO I didn't find it. My brother did today. This year has been a nightmare for me. I picked one side of the stone wall to detect, my brother went down the other side. Within 2 minutes he pops up and says he's got a coin. :tongue3: I was happy for him, but it's just killin' me! Now I know how these guys felt when I kept pulling up all the good stuff. The scans are not that great, but the coin actually looks worn, but in decent shape. The date is quite clear under magnification. Thought it would be my day, as I said to IP yesterday, but I guess not. Maybe tomarrow. Hogge

Attachments

• 4-14-2010 8;10;07 PM.jpg
    4-14-2010 8;10;07 PM.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 421
  • 4-14-2010 8;10;02 PM.jpg
    4-14-2010 8;10;02 PM.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 422
Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's three of us going tomorrow.... and one of us will have a good day! I can feel it. :thumbsup:

Keep at it.

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Nice KG...I love finding those....I NEVER have luck around stone walls...I do much better in the woods.

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
Brian W said:
Nice KG...I love finding those....I NEVER have luck around stone walls...I do much better in the woods.
hmm! are there not stone walls in the woods. :laughing9: willy

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will get yours Hogge. Theres always tomorrow. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Do you have much luck walking along stone walls? I have tried it in the past but never had much luck.

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
You will get yours Hogge. Theres always tomorrow. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Do you have much luck walking along stone walls? I have tried it in the past but never had much luck.
After we have exhausted the foundation area, we move on to the stoned in animal pens and farm area. It took alot of work to make these walls, and sometimes we find a few coins in these work areas. YES they are worth searching. Look for well traveled areas. Breaks in walls have produced several coins for me. The LC I found 2 days ago was in like a "driveway" or path area near a break in a stone wall. Look at an area and picture it for what it was, not for what it is now. :thumbsup:

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
You are having the same luck that I am this year. Kirk and Kyle are tearing up the colonial fields and I am just barely putt putting along. I feel for ya but you just know that all the bad mojo runs it's course sooner or later. Be patient. I know I have had to recently. :thumbsup:
Chris

vermonster

May 7, 2009
hootersville NY
Detector(s) used
whites prism IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:headbang:Nice coin Uncle Bri ! Hey, I forgot to ask you if you found the mailbox? :laughing9: The coin I found last nite is a 1858 flying Eagle cent! I'm goin in my fields today as it looks to be another nice one ! We'll go again soon !
vermonster

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find Hogge. Is that a Nova in your avatar?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions