terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! Any chance of getting a close-up of the coin?

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Nice finds...But you just couldn't let it go.....Had to throw in that little zing about the snow and ice at the end for us Yankees...... :tongue3: .....You're gonna fit in just fine here... :thumbsup:

popcorn2

Greenie
Jan 11, 2008
nice findsIwish I could go but I would need a jack hamer to dig up my finds through the ice and snow

S

seger98

Nice finds, what in the center of the photo? Is that the half cent with a hole in it? Congratulations on your finds!

Chris

OP
OP
Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo

Feb 5, 2007
North carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What I thought was a 1849 half cent turned into an 1810 half cent as I cleaned it more. Back side is unreadable. I have attached photo of what should look like when made. I also included the pics of the medal. It is a Picies horoscope medallion. Thought it was pretty neat!

Attachments

• halfcentfront.jpg
    halfcentfront.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 443
  • halfcentfrontbetter.jpg
    halfcentfrontbetter.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 402
  • halfcentphoto.jpg
    halfcentphoto.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 429
  • horoscopemedalfront.jpg
    horoscopemedalfront.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 437
  • horoscopemedalback.jpg
    horoscopemedalback.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 431
OP
OP
Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo

Feb 5, 2007
North carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That would be the fine state of North Carolina (N.C) and Stoneman was a dirty word here in the south for a civil war general on orders to burn and pillage everything along his path at the end of the Civil War (kind of a simple generalization of history but should work). The site I was hunting actually lodged him and his men for a few days and he spared that house and a few others. Hope that helps clear that up some.

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Mr. Magoo said:
That would be the fine state of North Carolina (N.C) and Stoneman was a dirty word here in the south for a civil war general on orders to burn and pillage everything along his path at the end of the Civil War (kind of a simple generalization of history but should work). The site I was hunting actually lodged him and his men for a few days and he spared that house and a few others. Hope that helps clear that up some.
A Union general then, well sometimes victors don't always act as they should, a sad fact of war.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny that your token says "You Are Sensitive" and yet you rub it in on the snow and ice up here. Real nice guy. ;D ;D Congrats on the finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread