1776 coin found on the 4th and several other finds...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend, I am, LOL!!! The past few weeks I’ve spent many hours detecting new fields with few finds until this weekend. Detected several hours on a field I have hunted before, this area produces 1700s and up, I am surprised nothing older comes up considering the town’s gallows was just 200 meters away. Here are the finds and some fields. The owner of the property that butts my land raises deer, I detected a field beside this pen.
4Jul09Deer.jpg

The field near the deer. My land to the left of the trees/stream. Found absolutely nothing here but a few pieces of trash.
4Jul09DeerFld.jpg

A scraped field near an old town. There was a castle on top of the hill with the tower until the mid 1500s, it was destroyed in a battle. I ran a grid over the scraped area and did the lower portions of the piles. Was hoping for concentrated finds but only found concentrated nothing, a musket ball and a bent coin from 1924.
4Jul09NeuFld.jpg

This is the field I detected this weekend, in the background where the house sits is where the gallows was, the street name there is “High Court”. The street at the end of the field has been a main through way for 1000 years.
4Jul09KemFld.jpg

Some of the lead finds. A lead soldier that was intact until I cut off his head. Six lead seals, one has a very nice unusual cross I have never seen, maybe papal? A musket ball and a nice spindle whorl.
4Jul09Lead.jpg

Obverse of two unusual buckles, probably 1800s.
4Jul09BuckO.jpg

Reverse of the buckles.
4Jul09BuckR.jpg

A WWII volunteer pin dated 1934. A brooch of sort, thought it was silver but it is aluminum and a religious pendant that looks to be from the 1700s.
4Jul09Jewel.jpg

Amazing this copper coin dated 1776 came up on the 4th of July, thought that was exciting. Obverse, date at the bottom.
4Jul09Cop1776O.jpg

Reverse of the 1776.
4Jul09Cop1776R.jpg

Found this nice 1876 silver a few weeks ago. Obverse.
4Jul09Sil1876O.jpg

Reverse of the 1876. I’m headed out to find another field. HH and have a good weekend, Mike
4Jul09Sil1876R.jpg

Upvote 0

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is a lot of area to hunt. Nice finds.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for sharing the stories and the pics, Mike. Looks like you found some nice older relics...........which I have no idea. Looks like you have some nice fields to hunt with all of those deer :D

deepbeep

Jun 11, 2009
Bolivar, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Mike,
Nice finds! I guess that prooves persistance pays. Thanks for your encouragment in my post, I am headed out and hope my luck turns.
Tim

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike,
Some amazing finds. Love the old buckles. :icon_thumleft: Congrats to you. That sure is a LOT of turf to cover. :o
Who is that crazy looking guy in the background of some of those pictures? :tongue3:
-MM-

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Mike!!!........Plus throw in a 1776 coin on the 4th is a bonus!

Keep on Digging! John

jrsherman

Oct 15, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Etrac
Cool finds Mike! Those lead seals are really neat, I keep hoping to find one at one of our Colonial sites over here.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
those lead finds are really nice :icon_thumleft:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt - congrats on all of your great finds!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread