1776 coin in $100 nickel box

sathmcnugent

May 2, 2008
I purchased a 100 dollars in nickles yesterday..the box was quite crappy..I gota 1945 s war nickel a 1998 commonwealth of the bahamas nickel and the stranges one of all was a brass colored coin the reads 1776 with the liberty bell between the 17 and the 76..on the back of the coin it has an eagle looking left...I never saw such a thing and I highly doubt it is an authentic coin because it has too great of detail for a coin of that age..sorry I have no pictures yet..I'll post some soon if anyone wants to see it

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
sathmcnugent said:
I purchased a 100 dollars in nickles yesterday..the box was quite crappy..I gota 1945 s war nickel a 1998 commonwealth of the bahamas nickel and the stranges one of all was a brass colored coin the reads 1776 with the liberty bell between the 17 and the 76..on the back of the coin it has an eagle looking left...I never saw such a thing and I highly doubt it is an authentic coin because it has too great of detail for a coin of that age..sorry I have no pictures yet..I'll post some soon if anyone wants to see it

Some type of commemorative I bet.

Jim

XX

Jan 11, 2008
I've gotten that before, I think it was from the American History Channel (or something similar to that).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread