1784 2 reals but it has bubbling on it, is this a fake or is it normal.

Gareth1982

Apr 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492284564.125915.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492284697.486311.jpg

Upvote 0
Looks like it was in a fire--but still a nice find :icon_thumright:

Yup, same here. Fire damage on a genuine coin.

Thanks everyone, it's in rough shape but I will take it.

We found it in the Annapolis valley Nova Scotia.

You should let Rick and Marty know you found that!

You should let Rick and Marty know you found that!

Please don't go there. Heck, if a reale is "proof of a treasure" that is "sure to be closeby" then Rick & Marty ought to be coming out to CA where I hunt and find them. And fields all over the east coast for that matter. And .... presto, there's reales dug all the time.

So please don't show them this coin. Lest they launch into more sure-fired-conspiracy bologna, haha

Aren't reales gold? Or are they silver? Gold would not look like that..... silver?..... I don't know. TTC

Aren't reales gold? Or are they silver?...

Reales are silver (or even copper if you're talking denominations like 1/4 reales sometimes). Escudos would be their denominational value that was gold coins.

Reales are silver (or even copper if you're talking denominations like 1/4 reales sometimes). Escudos would be their denominational value that was gold coins.
Good to see you picked up on it. I know a little about the subject but backed off because some here can give more definitive info Than I. Tnx, Tom. TTC

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back