1785 house gives up some old coins

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Had to dodge raindrops today and play in the mud. It's going to take a week to get the mud off of everything. But boy was it fun. The 1785 property finally gave up some older coins. A real nice 1847 Large cent and then a naughty token which appears to be dated 1828 and looks like a large cent. They have changed the spelling of cent on the back. Does anyone know for what purpose these were issued or why? Suprised me when I finally cleaned it and saw what it actually said. Also a nice 1901 indian head and 1938 wheatie.
Also found a silver plated whatsit on top of second picture. It say 1 ALLURE on it, any ideas? Also a nice flintlock priming wire, several buttons including a home made one, a small possible spur buckle, a clock gear and a small minnie ball.
Overall, I would say it was a really nice day, but boy am I soaked...Lance

Attachments

• Aug 20, 05 coins.jpg
    Aug 20, 05 coins.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 536
  • Aug 20, finds.jpg
    Aug 20, finds.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 543
Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Comfy,

looks like you had a good day in the rain. Nice finds, really nice.

have a good un.........
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE FINDS LANCE ;

Finds like that Make it Worth Gettin WET. ;D

Jeff

OP
OP
comfyinvermont

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
bookfisher said:
Nice finds! Definitely worth getting wet for! By the way what does the token say?

Update, apparently these are actual coins that are altered not tokens as I had thought. Here is a coin web site that has a one like it only it is an 1847. Before you go to this site, let me warn you that it is not a pleasant word, and if you are offended by poor taste and language, please do not go there

http://www.24carat.co.uk/1847usaalteredcentframe.html

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very cool finds Lance,, WTG!!!
A large cent is very high on my list of things to find, I have never found one...
I was going to tell you about the coin, but I see you have already found out about it...
There was a little problem when the last one was posted on the forum, but they weren't so quite descete about it as you...
Not all history is pleasent... Good luck & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread