1786 LEFT FACING DRAPED BUST NEW DIE PAIRING

41Digger

Mar 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I found the variety ~ it is left facing draped 1786 ct copper, with heavily rotated die (90 degrees). Note the decorative marks between Britannia's head and INDE, also behind her head. Same on the bottom, but unfortunately it flaked off.... absolutely different. Checked the red book and it states the same as coin facts. I will call ANACS when they open. PCGS screwed me once... I am done with them! https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1786-ct-1-2p-draped-bust-left-m-6-k-bn/686368
20240228_091324.jpg
20240228_091045.jpg

Upvote 14

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ok you got me.. truth be known I suck and all my coins I dig suck... ok?????
Got you how?
I never said your coin sucked.
I'd be :headbang::hello2:if I'd dug it.
I've dug a good many coppers, many "would/could have held value."
But in reality they're not going to be of moderate value.

I believe that it holds a special value for you, as it would most if they dug it.

Not sure how much experience you have in the auction/resale venues of merchandise.
(Regardless of what it is)
Coins as any other collectable is rarity/condition based.
Once condition is compromised the value also reflects that in the sale.

Once again your coin doesn't suck.

I will state a valuation by a person that has a vested interest in making money off the service they provide should be noted.

From being around in the market place/auctions/jewelry/antiques for 60yrs l have seen a bit in that time thats all.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY NICE !!

Kevinrochay

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2024
i know this.. the details on mine or nicer then any I have seen.... I am expecting au 55 at the very least as far as details go... possibly even ms 60..... time will tell, eventually it will probably end up at auction after being slabbed
Confident in their collection's value, expecting a minimum of AU 55 rating, possibly MS 60

Kevinrochay

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2024
i know this.. the details on mine or nicer then any I have seen.... I am expecting au 55 at the very least as far as details go... possibly even ms 60..... time will tell, eventually it will probably end up at auction after being slabbed
It sounds like you have a high expectation for the detail and quality of your item, possibly a coin, aiming for a minimum grade of AU 55 and potentially even MS 60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread