l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin! I won't try to grade or value it, colonials are not like regular issue coinage with a set value based on condition. Baby heads being a type coin are sought after and bring healthy prices. Most colonial collectors don't like there coins slabbed, so I wouldn't bother.

WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That us a cool coin. I have never seen one before.

OP
OP
kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
me either wildigger, but i did a little research and it appears to be rare, i read that condition varies the price its worth, but i guess its only worth what someone will pay, im trying to determine a ball park figure , im no coin expert , i have seen past auction prices to vary from a couple hundred , couple thousand to as high as 34,000 dollars, my luck its probally couple hundred, i first saw the back and i thought it was a 1729 british georgius rex 11 similar to one i found a few years ago

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Have you seen the two on ebay? $1400.00 each. My opinion is, assuming that yours is dug, I would offer something in the neighborhood of $500.00 for yours. The others will never fetch the price they are asking...... The baby head variety is a rarer one the coin looks to be in decent shape, nice planchet and not too much corrosion.

One more note. Colonial coins are a tough one to grade because of how they were made. One at a time, pretty much by hand. That being said you could have a well struck example made and the very next coin made could be the worst struck example made. 200 years later people like you and I are trying to figure out what is a weak strike and what is normal circulation wear.

VPR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread