1787 Connecticut Copper find posted a day late

B

Bev

Hunted with a friend yesterday. He always kicks my butt with finds. With both have AT Pro's. Most of the time I clear the area of junk so he can haul in the good scores but yesterday was my day- My very first Connecticut copper 1787. My oldest coin before this was a large cent 1809. The face is a little tough but still I'm really pleased! Hope to find more someday!

Attachments

• Connecticut Copper 1787.jpg
    Connecticut Copper 1787.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,236
  • Connecticut Copper obverse 1787.jpg
    Connecticut Copper obverse 1787.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,258
Upvote 0

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome Bev! a huge congrats for kickin his butt this time! :thumbsup:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Congrats on finding your first State Copper, and the bonus of being your oldest coin found so far. I'm sure more of them are in your future.

Don

OP
OP
B

Bev

I was in total denial the first few hours thinking if I rinsed it, it would turn out to be a clad quarter but hoorray!
I enjoy hunting with the AT Pro, even though some need tweaking now and then, it's still a great machine for the money and highly recommend it. I have a few different hunting buddies now (which is more fun and safer) and Al seems to be just as addicted to the hunt as I am. That's always a good trait in a hunting buddy!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Find Bev

Coppers Rarely end up under my Coil for some Reason.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
It's never too late to post anything from 1787! Congratulations on your find.

Please convey my condolences to Al for his recent butt kicking. If it's any consolation, you kicked mine too, and I'm glad of it!

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bev said:
I was in total denial the first few hours thinking if I rinsed it, it would turn out to be a clad quarter but hoorray!
I enjoy hunting with the AT Pro, even though some need tweaking now and then, it's still a great machine for the money and highly recommend it. I have a few different hunting buddies now (which is more fun and safer) and Al seems to be just as addicted to the hunt as I am. That's always a good trait in a hunting buddy!
raises my hand! I'd hunt with you anyday Bev! ;O)

OP
OP
B

Bev

What better place to find Connecticut Coppers than Connecticut?? You're on- Heavymetalnut!
Poor Al, finally got his butt kicked by a girl. (I still think he secretly planted it for me to find!)
HA

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bev said:
What better place to find Connecticut Coppers than Connecticut?? You're on- Heavymetalnut!
Poor Al, finally got his butt kicked by a girl. (I still think he secretly planted it for me to find!)
HA
woo hoo! :headbang:

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, Bev! I found a colonial copper a few months into detecting! They sure are awesome!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will be spoiled now. Once you crack the 18th century, all you will want to dig is colonial :laughing7:

Congrats on the Connecticut copper. My first 18th century coins was also a Connecticut.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love seeing those coppers rescued. :icon_thumright: Congrats on the great find. :hello2:

OP
OP
B

Bev

You guys are right, it's fun to find these and yes, unfortunately I'm spoiled now and want to crack open a little more of the 18th century!
It rained all day today and I had to do real estate stuff- it was a drag but I have to keep making money to fuel my hunting habit! Kept looking along the highway for spots to hunt!

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
way to go bev! cant say ive found one of those yet. now get out there and kick some more butt. ;D willy

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent recovery Bev. :hello2: I can't even imagine digging a coin that old.
Maybe I need to make a trip up to CT o visi my brother? :icon_scratch:
Congrats to you,
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread