cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another beautiful day in the Berkshires and of course a chance to get out into the woods for a few hours. Did some scouting in the hilltowns with my brother-in-law who is new to the hobby, so we were basically driving about looking for areas that had potential. Up an old dirt road we saw a stone wall running deep into the forest, so we followed for a little while and eventually came across a fairly large cellar hole. Not ten minutes after stumbling upon the site I had a pretty strong and compact signal, and, much to my surprise, pulled a Fugio cent out...

fugio1.jpg

fugio2.jpg

Looks like club ray, too bad it's chewed up.

Steve

Upvote 1
nice find! too bad the soil was rough on that one.still nice enough to identify it.i'd work that site some more :thumbsup:

Yet another one of my dream finds :notworthy: My copper count for this fall is horrible :-\ One of those would make me feel better :D

VPR

That is a First Rate find there. :headbang:

It appears to be one of the "club ray" varieties, nice!

nice old coin, at least you were able to identify it! WTG

I know, it's pretty beat up, but it was nice to be able to make out what it was. I'm waiting to see if some of the top guns here on TN have enough to go on to make a call about the variety.

I'll try to take some better pictures today (unless of course I spend the day going over those woods with a fine-tooth comb!)

Thanks for the replies,

Steve

I'm still dreaming of finding a coin that old. :-\
CONGRATS! :thumbsup:
-MM-

Thanks for the replies guys. I brought it down to the local coinshop to a friend who's really into colonials. he thinks it's club ray too, and also mentioned it looked like a "Fucio" variety...C instead of G? I'm going to find out more about it and try to get some better pictures.

Thanks again,
Steve

Thats a beauty compared to the toasted one I found! Fugio's are pretty elusive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back