🥇 BANNER 1789 GW Cuff Buttons! Colonial button bonanza.

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well today was a day of legend. We hit up a spot that Arty is very familiar with and has done good in the past. With a recent deep plow and some nice days of rain this old tired field sprung life again. The day started off well with an indian head in an adjacent field but when we got into this particular field we were like a bunch of kids in a candy store. Button after button just came flowing out of the ground. Most of them were so shallow I just used my pro pointer and my hand to dig them up. This was the case with the FIRST most cherished and coveted of all buttons popped out of the ground and saw day light after 223 years in the ground. A small beautifully patina'd GW Cuff button. Number 13 on J Harold Cobbs catalog I believe. Small Wreath Copper variety as I don't see any stars. After cheers and coming down from the clouds we started hunting again. Not even 30 minutes later I was yelling over to Arty again saying"I found the other button in the pair!" In equally great shape! Needless to say these will be nearly impossible to top and have been on my wishlist for sometime.It was also on Arty's wish list to find one and see his post for a very amazing coincidence finding one for himself! I found over 26 buttons, some beautiful cufflinks, a silver piece of a shoe buckle,some indians a horse decorative shield piece and a flint. I had a blast today thanks again Arty and Mom:headbang::headbang:
P5060672.jpg

P5070681.jpg

P5070684.jpg

P5070688.jpg

P5060678.jpg

P5070692.jpg

P5070693.jpg

P5070696.jpg

P5070698.jpg

P5070697.jpg

Upvote 3

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's AWESOME !!!
banner banner

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A day of legend indeed! The GW's are gorgeous. Nice set of cufflinks too :icon_thumleft:

tigerbeetle

Jan 2, 2009
Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Many -- Fisher, White's, Minelab, Cobra, others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have three of the exact same buttons -- all from one site, only a few feet apart.(NJ) I researched and read about a GW order of silver-plated "vest buttons." Size matches.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful heart stopping finds! That deep plow really helps but it's becoming a thing of the past. Get it while it's good!

OP
OP
SouthJerseyJim

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have three of the exact same buttons -- all from one site, only a few feet apart.(NJ) I researched and read about a GW order ofi silver-plated "vest buttons." Size matches.

Hey Tiger do you have pictures you could post?

87300E

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2012
California
Detector(s) used
Need to buy
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds my friend !! History is out there and here is proof. I love it !!! Way to go :occasion14:

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
As said many times before Congrats on some awesome buttons and a great day of digging :notworthy:

Bubba65

Bigpoppa

Feb 11, 2012
Dirty Jerzee
Detector(s) used
ML Excal II
ML Sov GT
Compass 77B
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WOW !!!

That is a truly amazing day, not only for you, but the whole group !!!

CONGRATS on BANNER DAY FOR SURE...

I'm sure you three can't wait to hit that field again..

You know more will be coming out of there :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread