Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my brother's inlaws home was built in 1794 and I hunted the yard about a year ago and found nothing. Some one had cleaned it out.Not even any clad . :dontknow:
I hit the yard again yesterday and and found a baggage tag and nothing else but large iron. I headed to the back field and there was nothing for most of the way out.When my machine went off which surprised me after the long silence. In the first bit of dirt there was a flat button! This is the first colonal era button I have dug in a long time . A foot away came a dropped musket ball and then another about 6 feet away another one.
Then the finds again became hard to come by .The big bonus was a cw minne that I dug about an hour later. I wish I could have made it here a few weeks ago before the grass started growing.It was fairly thick in some places.
I found three round balls and gave one to the inlaws ,one is chewed by what looks like maybe a squirl by the sharp teeth marks.
Can any one tell me what type of minne ball I dug? It is a two ringer. No coins but I did get to save a little history. :headbang:

Attachments

• SANY0620 [640x480].JPG
    SANY0620 [640x480].JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,161
  • SANY0613 [640x480].JPG
    SANY0613 [640x480].JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,170
  • SANY0617 [640x480].JPG
    SANY0617 [640x480].JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,166
Upvote 0
OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT A GREAT PLACE IM SURE THERE IS MORE STUFF THERE !!!

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
birdman said:
Thanks PB! The bullet shocked me when It came out of the dirt, I did not know it was a Gardiner at the time. :headbang:

Sent you an email on Yahoo

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
birdman said:
Badger,how ya been? I am using the Etrac now a days. Seems to be a real good all around machine but I still have a lot to learn to get to the full potential out of her.

Been fine, birdman. I just don't do much detecting anymore. My back and knee don't care much for it.

I like to carry a detector along with me in case a good looking site happens to present itself. :thumbsup:

Take care and your site might just hold something really great everyone has missed. That's what I've discovered over the years. Often the best find comes up about last.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread