17th Century Cannon

cannon4106

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm helping a friend sell a 8 ft 9 in iron cannon from the shipwreck El Infante off the coast of the Keys in 1733. The cannon was salvaged from the wreck in 1958 and comes with several yards of iron chains from the wreck.

The cement stand shown in the picture would go with the cannon.

*Sorry for any confusion on the date. Like I said, I'm helping someone else sell this and there was some miscommunication on the date. Further research indicated it's an 18th century cannon*

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 486
Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats just what I need for my front room, what's the postage?

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is cost? and does it come with authenticity papers from 1958? E-Bay sell or what?

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'm sure my wife will let me hang that on the wall.LOL

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Even thought the post says 17th century (1600s), he does say in his post that it is from the 1733 fleet.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't look like the cannon was conserved so it has about 5 years left till it crumbles into dust.It might even break into pieces if not handled correctly.

bronzecannons

Sep 1, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Doesn't look like the cannon was conserved so it has about 5 years left till it crumbles into dust.It might even break into pieces if not handled correctly.
I wouldn't even give that thing five years. It's a total rust bucket. Not even worth the bit of scrap metal that's left deep inside it.
TW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions