1800s FARM AND THE SILVER SPOON :)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was in the 40s here today so I broke out the CZ20 and went dirt fishing this afternoon for a few hrs. on an old farm property I'm looking at possibly buying. Had to test the ground before I make the decision as to if I will or not! lol

Found the walker, an infantry button (cuff size), an 1864 Injun head and a solid silver WM. Rogers & sons spoon!

Also found some clad, and a few piece's of "whatzit's" not shown here.

All in all it was a good day hunting and a 1st for me in some weeks now but it was fun and I may just buy the farm now! lol

;D

Attachments

• spoon 001.jpg
    spoon 001.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 605
  • spoon 002.jpg
    spoon 002.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 565
  • spoon 003.jpg
    spoon 003.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 611
Upvote 0

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy that sucker and then sell it and buy another when it is all played out! ;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you out and about and posting finds again. I knew you were lurking and was wondering when you would break out. I guess finding a gold coin kinda' takes something away from just ordinary finds? Anyway, great finds. Looking forward to seeing many more this coming year. Are you going to live on the farm or is it an investment property? It's always been my dream to find a little farm or acreage out away from the city. Congratulations. Monty

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
Are you going to live on the farm or is it an investment property? It's always been my dream to find a little farm or acreage out away from the city. Congratulations. Monty

Hi Monty (Jim)

If I do buy it - it will be sort of both - an investment and a place of residence for a while. It's a fixer upper on 3 acres at a decent price (35k less than assessed value). It just needs some drywall work on the main floor as it's been stripped down to the joist & studs and also some up-dating in the kitchen are the 2 main areas of work. Someone has already spent a lot of time and money remodeling the place (new roof, windows, huge master bath, water heater, siding, well, big bay window, updated wiring, heating, etc.) so it just needs some finishing touches now.

Good to see you still here and thanks for asking/commenting~

HH and post some of those finds you're making from the deep south!

Lonewolfe

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last time I got out lonewolf, I found a watch still ticking and haven't really been able to go again for some time now. Weather! Pretty much explains it. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions