1800S HOME FINDS FROM MARCH THRU JULY

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
1800'S HOME FINDS FROM MARCH THRU JULY

I recently posted pic's of an 1876 sheild nickel that I found in my back yard. I didn't realize just how much I had dug to find it until I spread everything out an looked at it today. I will tell you a little bit about my home ( as much as I know anyway). The oldest Plat map I have seen so far is 1893 and it show the house sitting right where it is today so I am sure it is at least that old. It also burned down sometime early in the 20th century but I do not know exactly when. They had an incubator in the kitchen for chicken eggs and someone laid a newspaper on top of it an it caught the house on fire. I have included some pic's of the roof in the attic. You can see where they used some of the burned lumber from the fire as sheeting when they rebuilt the roof. One of my finds was a temperature guage from an incubator...could be the one that burned the house??

I have only had my ACE250 since march and I am still learning how to use it. I don't know exactly how many hours I have hunted this yard but I am about 1/2 way thru my second set of batteries. I am really disappointed that I have not found more older coins. Aside from the 1876 nickel and a 1950 Rosie it has all been clad and not very much of that. Enjoy the pic's and thanks for looking. HH Charlie

Attachments

• home 002 (Large).JPG
    home 002 (Large).JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,428
  • home 003 (Large).JPG
    home 003 (Large).JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 1,411
  • home 001 (Large).JPG
    home 001 (Large).JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 1,417
  • home 002 (Large).JPG
    home 002 (Large).JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,428
  • home 003 (Large).JPG
    home 003 (Large).JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 1,420
  • home 001 (Large).JPG
    home 001 (Large).JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 1,411
  • march thru july finds 012 (Large).jpg
    march thru july finds 012 (Large).jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,413
  • march thru july finds 025 (Large).jpg
    march thru july finds 025 (Large).jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,405
  • march thru july finds 046 (Large).jpg
    march thru july finds 046 (Large).jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,401
  • march thru july finds 001 (Large).jpg
    march thru july finds 001 (Large).jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 1,387
  • march thru july finds 002 (Large).jpg
    march thru july finds 002 (Large).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,387
  • march thru july finds 003 (Large).jpg
    march thru july finds 003 (Large).jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,382
  • march thru july finds 004 (Large).jpg
    march thru july finds 004 (Large).jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,384
  • march thru july finds 006 (Large).jpg
    march thru july finds 006 (Large).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,366
Upvote 0
OP
OP
savant365

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Re: 1800'S HOME FINDS FROM MARCH THRU JULY (LOTS OF PIC'S)

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Savant ~ That lighter ROCKS .... :thumbsup:

HOWEVER ...

That nickel is TOP NOTCH ... Rock On ~ Nick

Ah Nick, thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look. I am anxiously awaiting another great recipie post from you also. I am sort of an amature chef myself and your dishes always look yummy. HH Charlie

Mr_Mojo_Risin

Apr 29, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Wow- that IS alot of stuff. The shield nickel is sweet! Looking forward to more posts!

Mobes

Oct 4, 2007
Westmont IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV

Well that is a lot of diggin you did there. :tard: Hopefully now that you have removed a good portion of the iron and junk the good stuff will start coming. So how big were the blisters on your hands from all that diggin? With how old the house is you would think there would be some older coins out there.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star

Wow! You've been busy. The pics sure put it all into perspective. Congrats & I hope there's more down there for you!

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250

And that's some extreme diggin' you have done there! I'm sweating just by looking at those pics. LOL ;D

WTG! Hope we get to see some more (piles of)findings in the future :thumbsup:

R

RUDY2003

Wonderful house Savant.......Boy, you sure do dig it "all"........ ;D
Keep it up, there's bound to be piles of silver there..

Keep safe...

Keith

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You paid your dues. I thought you would find more old coins around there. Nice shield nickle and crottel bell :icon_sunny:

Dirt Dobber

Jun 24, 2008
Midlands of S.Carolina
Detector(s) used
R/S Discovery(BH IV) cousin

Savant365, At first when I read the part of second set of batts. I thought (hummmmm) 2nd set of batts. in short period of time maybe needs that Ace checked out for excesive batt drain. THEN I viewed your pictures! Boy was my 1st. thought wrong! Good diggin & keep those batt fresh. Stay cool. Will be looking for more of your post good luck. D.D.

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR

Wow, that is a lot of iron!

I agree, go back across the lawn from new angles now that you've got all that crap out of there.

Also, just in case you didn't know it, that Marx metal doll-house shown under your rafters is worth a few bucks to collectors.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

I am sorta surprised that none of the "Iron Brigadiers" have chimed in yet! ;D they would have a party in your yard. You should invite them out for a party and tell them, you can have all the iron you can dig. Then you can get a larger search coil and really clean up the coins! I love artifacts also, but in moderation only........ Not GE

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro

Man that's alot of digging. That is how you get the good stuff though. I agree now your ready to slow down and grid of small areas and listen for the faint signals. With that much activity in that yard there is sure to be coins and wheres the buttons? Keep digging your on the verge of pulling out the real goodies :thumbsup:

CowboyKolo

Nov 11, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum

Man, I get a lot of signals when I go curb side hunting, and I get frustrated when I pull up five or six junk items in an hour...you make me feel guilty. Guess the cure for guilt is to get back out there and look some more :)
Several awesome finds. I notice most folks comment on the bell n coins but
the first thing I was able to identify in your pics was the pistol. Looks to be in pretty good shape. Is it a real one or cap pistol though?
Either way, kinda makes you wonder what the owner was doing with it when they lost it out there.

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Man, looks like you cleaned the yard out good! Now, where was the old outhouse (s)? I bet there are some good bottles to be found!

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX

Wow now that was a clean up!

Surfin

OP
OP
savant365

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Mr_Mojo_Risin said:
Wow- that IS alot of stuff. The shield nickel is sweet! Looking forward to more posts!

Thanks mojo

Mobes said:
Well that is a lot of diggin you did there. :tard: Hopefully now that you have removed a good portion of the iron and junk the good stuff will start coming. So how big were the blisters on your hands from all that diggin? With how old the house is you would think there would be some older coins out there.

Thanks mobes, there is a lot of junk still out there before I get to the good coins I'm afraid :'(

kimsdad said:
Wow! You've been busy. The pics sure put it all into perspective. Congrats & I hope there's more down there for you!

Thanks kimsdad, there better be some REALLY good stuff after all of this ;D

Paul4x4 said:
And that's some extreme diggin' you have done there! I'm sweating just by looking at those pics. LOL ;D

WTG! Hope we get to see some more (piles of)findings in the future :thumbsup:

sweat? what's that? lol thanks

RUDY2003 said:
Wonderful house Savant.......Boy, you sure do dig it "all"........ ;D
Keep it up, there's bound to be piles of silver there..

Keep safe...

Keith

Thanks Keith, I hope you are right.

crazyjarhead said:
You paid your dues. I thought you would find more old coins around there. Nice shield nickle and crottel bell :icon_sunny:

Thanks, I know there has to be more old coins out there (after all this there damn sure better be) :)

Dirt Dobber said:
Savant365, At first when I read the part of second set of batts. I thought (hummmmm) 2nd set of batts. in short period of time maybe needs that Ace checked out for excesive batt drain. THEN I viewed your pictures! Boy was my 1st. thought wrong! Good diggin & keep those batt fresh. Stay cool. Will be looking for more of your post good luck. D.D.

Thanks Dobber, it was 90 some degrees here again today with about 70% humidity (110 degree heat index) I didn't look for anything but the bottom of the beer bottle tonight.

mlw67 said:
Wow, that is a lot of iron!

I agree, go back across the lawn from new angles now that you've got all that crap out of there.

Also, just in case you didn't know it, that Marx metal doll-house shown under your rafters is worth a few bucks to collectors.

Thanks mlw, thats the plan. I don't even want to tackle the attic, it's hotter up there then outside :wink:

notgittinenny said:
I am sorta surprised that none of the "Iron Brigadiers" have chimed in yet! ;D they would have a party in your yard. You should invite them out for a party and tell them, you can have all the iron you can dig. Then you can get a larger search coil and really clean up the coins! I love artifacts also, but in moderation only........ Not GE

Thanks Not GE, those iron brigader's ain't got nuttin' on me ;D I am still waiting for the Queen of Rust to chime in too...LOL :icon_king:

john37115 said:
Man that's alot of digging. That is how you get the good stuff though. I agree now your ready to slow down and grid of small areas and listen for the faint signals. With that much activity in that yard there is sure to be coins and wheres the buttons? Keep digging your on the verge of pulling out the real goodies :thumbsup:

Thanks John, I agree...Where are the buttons? I can't believe as long as this place has been here I haven't found more. So far the only one has been a plastic coated levi strauss ???

CowboyKolo said:
Man, I get a lot of signals when I go curb side hunting, and I get frustrated when I pull up five or six junk items in an hour...you make me feel guilty. Guess the cure for guilt is to get back out there and look some more :)
Several awesome finds. I notice most folks comment on the bell n coins but
the first thing I was able to identify in your pics was the pistol. Looks to be in pretty good shape. Is it a real one or cap pistol though?
Either way, kinda makes you wonder what the owner was doing with it when they lost it out there.

Thanks cowboy, it's just a cap gun. The only thing it says on it is "buckaroo". I haven't tried to look up anything on it yet, I gotta have something to do this winter. :wink:

muddy waters said:
Man, looks like you cleaned the yard out good! Now, where was the old outhouse (s)? I bet there are some good bottles to be found!

Thanks muddy, I know exactly where BOTH of them were located. When I run out of signals to dig I'll get after 'em ;D

surfin said:
Wow now that was a clean up!

Surfin

Thanks Surfin, I am afraid this is only the tip of the iceberg though.

wirelessworldinc

Dec 30, 2005
Indiana

WOW you are the Dig Master!!! That is amazing. I am impressed. I bet you are exhausted. Did you have to buy new batteries? Mary ann

OP
OP
savant365

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

wirelessworldinc said:
WOW you are the Dig Master!!! That is amazing. I am impressed. I bet you are exhausted. Did you have to buy new batteries? Mary ann

Thanks, I am down to 2 bars on the battery indicator so I am going to put my 3rd set in tomorrow. HH Charlie

OP
OP
savant365

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Thanks for all the nice replies everyone. I hope to have some real nice stuff to post for you in the future. This place is no sharkpit but I should have enough to keep me busy here for a long time to come.

Happy Hunting everyone, Charlie

unclejesse67

Mar 9, 2008
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
MXT300

Cool display. Its neat to see everything metal that was in the yard..... not just the keepers. Looks like some serious digging. Nice job.

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll

Excellent post and excellent finds. You dig it all and you will find some really good relics digging it all. I love the crotal bell!!! The small harness buckle is nice too. Keep at it and post some more of your finds. The silver must be nearby ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread