1800s House Not as Good as it Looks :-/

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
1800's House Not as Good as it Looks :-/

My first two hours at this 1800's site was a workout digging memorial cents and hot wheels cars :-/ The Kennedy half was kinda cool to dig and I do like finding the toy cars, but I was sure this place would give up something old!! I'll hit it hard again now that I've sorted thru some of the trash, hoping it at least gives up a few Indian Heads :-)
IMG_2591.JPGIMG_2594.JPGIMG_2595.JPGIMG_2596.JPGIMG_2598.JPGIMG_2599.JPGIMG_2601.JPGIMG_2602.JPG

Upvote 5
Don't give up. Keep clearing out the trash and you will find something good.

Been there too Jerry. It's Frustrating. Don't give up on it just yet, another trip there just might surprise you.

Your metal USA flag is most likely from a Marx Revolutionary War playset from the 1950's-1960's. The old stuff is there, you may just have to expand your perimeter and find those trails from the house to where the outhouse or well used to be! Happy Hunting and keep hitting that place hard, swing slow with your sensitivity all the way up. Sub 8-)

One would think that there is an old coin ot 2 there, but it's just not always so.

I found a victorian dime on my uncles property when I was a kid they were digging up the lawn for some reason....it's probably early 1800's, always occupied by larger families.....skip ahead, decided to give it a go with my MD, my though was surely there were some old coins there as I found without a md years earlier, but I never got a single coin of any kind or age ?

Ok so that said, you did get lots of targets, there still could be a couple there, and probably worth another try.

Good luck, and any half is a good find too.

I bet once you get some clad and trash out of the way the goodies will be popping out soon

Still some cool finds, now that you got the "surface" I'm sure you will find some silver hiding down there! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back