1800's Neighboring Houses Produce the Gooodies!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went with friends to some permissions in a little nearby town. We were able to dig in the yards of houses built in 1857, 1870, and 1880. I was amazed to find two great tokens in one yard, along with two Indian Head cents (1884 and 1889) and at least two wheaties, among other widgets and clad. The flower-shaped token is for 2 1/2 cents in trade at a long closed storefront below the old Hotel Missouri in Springfield, Missouri. The round token is good for 5 cents in trade for the Model Fountain, wherever that once existed. (Any help appreciated!) Thanks for looking, and a safe and blessed Memorial Day weekend to all of my TNet friends.

springfieldtoken2.jpg springfieldtoken1.jpg

springfieldtoken3.jpg springfieldtoken4.jpg

Upvote 41
OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sub--nice recoveries! The Schoen & Staton token is listed in Smith's MO token catalog as Springfield #SB. Please post pics of it on tokencatalog.com I don't find listings for the Model Fountain one, so please also post pics of it there under Unknown so more researchers will see it.
John in the Great 208

I'm on it John, thank you for the information! Cheers. Sub8-)

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went with friends to some permissions in a little nearby town. We were able to dig in the yards of houses built in 1857, 1870, and 1880. I was amazed to find two great tokens in one yard, along with two Indian Head cents (1884 and 1889) and at least two wheaties, among other widgets and clad. The flower-shaped token is for 2 1/2 cents in trade at a long closed storefront below the old Hotel Missouri in Springfield, Missouri. The round token is good for 5 cents in trade for the Model Fountain, wherever that once existed. (Any help appreciated!) Thanks for looking, and a safe and blessed Memorial Day weekend to all of my TNet friends.

View attachment 1716209 View attachment 1716211

View attachment 1716212 View attachment 1716213

Ya know...I always get a kick out of seeing an odd shaped coin in the hole.

Nice!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great job, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread