1802 Draped Bust Coppa

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Forum, :wink: :D :headbang:

Hey, dudes, guess what? :headbang: Yup, you know it, my PASSION has been as HIGH as ever! :headbang: Yup, my coil was low today and my passion was HIGH! :headbang: :laughing3: :laughing11:

The 3 Datectateers got out to the recently harvested cornfield that we hit yesterday. To give some insight on this field, folks, my brother and I scouted it out on Friday to see if it had been harvested. :headbang: While pulling up to the site, we saw that the two main fields weren't cut yet, but another one was. :headbang: We soon started to yell super loud with our detecting passion high! :laughing11: :laughing3:

Back to our day: We arrived at the site at 9 and with a chill in the air, we started to swing with the fever. I even think Zeus said some joke that would not be proper to tell on this forum. :laughing9: :laughing3: We were bursting out in laughter about 2 seconds into our sweeps. :laughing3: :laughing11: :laughing9:

After about an hour with nothing to show for, I got a nice "E" on "Dime" hit that pinpointed at 4". After plucking the doyt out, I saw the GREEN disc, baby! :headbang: :hello2: I picked it up and started to rub at it. The coppa had no detail in the field, but after a 30 minute tumble at home, it turned out to be a Draped Bust large cent. :headbang: :love8: :love6: :love5: :love5: :love5: The coin is perfectly identifiable in person, so I hope you guys can see the da-tail from the pics. :wink: :) I yelled to the other datectateers to come over and hit the area with me. We blitzed it for a few more hours and was welcomed with more ancient artifacts. I found the iron buckle, which was a suprise, since when digging those iron signals, I am expecting nails. :D :D :D

Folks, we can't wait to get back to this site next week. They are harvesting the field where Zoyboy got his MINT STATE 1791 one real and KGII coppa on the same day. :headbang: I can guarantee a coppa will be dug on our two day hunt again. :love5: :wave: Oh, since we have limited time on these fields before the snow comes, we are going to be hitting the fields two times a week. :director: :occasion18:

Keep your coil low and your passion high! :icon_thumleft: :icon_salut: :hello: :headbang:

Kirk :occasion14:

Draped002.jpg

Draped007.jpg

Upvote 0

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Re: Draped Bust Coppa

Heck yeah baby :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. I see it as plain as day Kirky werky :icon_pirat: ;D. You never fail to come through for the club my boy. It's not exactly beautifull but it doesn't have to be. It is nice when you can identify the coppa. Congrats. I was right after all in the field. Draped bust. :thumbsup:
Chris

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

You crazy uttster of a coppa hunter, it is AWESOME to get detail on any kind of coppa. Henceforth, in a metal datecting sense, you had a GREAT datecting day, you looney. :icon_sunny: :icon_jokercolor:

Folks, while I was sweeping along like John "Johnny" Walter, I heard Colonial KirkPA say, "WAHOOO, coppa, coppa, coppa!!" :D :notworthy: Folks, that uttster of a hunter knows how to excavate those buggards in true professional fashion. :icon_queen:

You looney, even though I didn't find a coppa, I'm super pi$$ed happy for you. OOOOF :D You looney, we must keep hitting this site with an extreme Colonial fever! :icon_sunny: :icon_jokercolor:

Snicket :D

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

WOW ! I'm the first to reply to this Colonial diggin coppa producing Pennsylvania Datector's post ! :headbang: :hello2: :headbang:

Kirk you rule the old & early PA of lost hidden coppas ! I'm astonished the finds you nail every time out with your partners in detecting :headbang: :wav: :headbang:

Its to cool you three share a great bond in this hobby and dig the finds that keep history of PA alive

A HUGE 'CONGRATS on the drapped Largie :icon_thumleft: :icon_salut: :icon_thumright:

I STILL on occasion look at that GW you found and wish....someday ... SOMEDAY !

GREAT Finds Kirk :notworthy:

Derek :icon_profileleft:

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice find...I'm predicting Spanish silver from that area in the very near future!

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Colonial Silver Zeus said:
Heck yeah baby :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. I see it as plain as day Kirky werky :icon_pirat: ;D. You never fail to come through for the club my boy. It's not exactly beautifull but it doesn't have to be. It is nice when you can identify the coppa. Congrats. I was right after all in the field. Draped bust. :thumbsup:
Chris

Zeus,

You looney, you should see it in person. It is MUCH better! :icon_king:

We all have been striking these coppas like they are clad. :D

Our group has how many? Yup, 9 Draped Bust coppas this year! :icon_king: :icon_queen: :icon_sunny: Gotta love the early American ones! :icon_pirat:

We must hit it again!

Hammmmond :D

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Colonial Zoyboy said:
You crazy uttster of a coppa hunter, it is AWESOME to get detail on any kind of coppa. Henceforth, in a metal datecting sense, you had a GREAT datecting day, you looney. :icon_sunny: :icon_jokercolor:

Folks, while I was sweeping along like John "Johnny" Walter, I heard Colonial KirkPA say, "WAHOOO, coppa, coppa, coppa!!" :D :notworthy: Folks, that uttster of a hunter knows how to excavate those buggards in true professional fashion. :icon_queen:

You looney, even though I didn't find a coppa, I'm super pi$$ed happy for you. OOOOF :D You looney, we must keep hitting this site with an extreme Colonial fever! :icon_sunny: :icon_jokercolor:

Snicket :D

Snick, :D

We must scout out again this Friday! We must! :D Your ra-search has been killer this year and I bet next year will be just as good. :icon_sunny: We consistently find the good stuff! :icon_sunny:

We must look at that MINT STATE one real now...we will be hitting that field soon! :icon_sunny:

Kirkevans :D

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Derek752 said:
WOW ! I'm the first to reply to this Colonial diggin coppa producing Pennsylvania Datector's post ! :headbang: :hello2: :headbang:

Kirk you rule the old & early PA of lost hidden coppas ! I'm astonished the finds you nail every time out with your partners in detecting :headbang: :wav: :headbang:

Its to cool you three share a great bond in this hobby and dig the finds that keep history of PA alive

A HUGE 'CONGRATS on the drapped Largie :icon_thumleft: :icon_salut: :icon_thumright:

Woooooohoooooo, the D. Dude is online and responding to my post. :headbang: I feel super honored to have such a great hunter like yourself praise our exploits out in the field. :headbang: :icon_salut: :notworthy: A day doesn't pass by without me thinking about this great hobby...COLONIAL, D., COLONIAL! :hello2:

D., thank you once again for your interest in our group. It sure is nice to have someone on this forum who sees "eye-to-eye" with us. :wink:

I STILL on occasion look at that GW button you found and wish...someday...SOMEDAY! :notworthy:

D. Dude, keep your passion high!

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

romeo-1 said:
Nice find...I'm predicting Spanish silver from that area in the very near future!

Thanks, buddy, for your reply! :) :thumbsup: We actually found two Spanish wilvers from this site in June. There are MORE! :wink: :)

Kirk Patch :D

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Colonial KirkPA said:
Derek752 said:

Woooooohoooooo, the D. Dude is online and responding to my post. :headbang: I feel super honored to have such a great hunter like yourself praise our exploits out in the field. :headbang: :icon_salut: :notworthy: A day doesn't pass by without me thinking about this great hobby...COLONIAL, D., COLONIAL! :hello2:

D., thank you once again for your interest in our group. It sure is nice to have someone on this forum who sees "eye-to-eye" with us. :wink:

I STILL on occasion look at that GW button you found and wish...someday...SOMEDAY! :notworthy:

D. Dude, keep your passion high!

I CANT get enough of KKC's triumphs and successes in the Colonial fields ... The 3 Amigo's ROCK :headbang:

Keep it Up in FEVERED passion Kirkie

Derek :icon_study: :icon_scratch: :read2: :icon_thumleft:

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You Colonial boyz are sure makin' yer Shamokin ancesta proud of ya down here :thumbsup: the one and only Richster :tongue3:

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

Wow!!! A Draped Bust Coppa!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: That's a great find, no matter what condition it's in! :notworthy:

Kirk, I know your Passion is sky high!! And you're getting to detect twice a week!!

This is why we go out there and do what we do. And enjoy every minute of it!

Good luck to you next week, my friend from PA! :icon_thumright:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

PS - What happened to IP? He hasn't been around since you took his Avatar. ;D ;D :violent1:

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

Congratulations on the draped Bust large cent! Man that thing is really corroded! :)

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

YO KIRK, GREAT JOB ON THE DRAPED BUST PAL...... NICE BUTTON TOO.

PACO

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Rich in Central PA said:
You Colonial boyz are sure makin' yer Shamokin ancesta proud of ya down here :thumbsup: the one and only Richster :tongue3:

Now go make me proud, Richster! :icon_sunny:

Kirk Patch :D

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker

You alway's come through with good finds. Congrates.

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Captn_SE said:
Wow!!! A Draped Bust Coppa!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: That's a great find, no matter what condition it's in! :notworthy:

Kirk, I know your Passion is sky high!! And you're getting to detect twice a week!!

This is why we go out there and do what we do. And enjoy every minute of it!

Good luck to you next week, my friend from PA! :icon_thumright:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

PS - What happened to IP? He hasn't been around since you took his Avatar. ;D ;D :violent1:

Dan,

Thanks, buddy, it sure was nice to see the greenie in the doyt. This hobby has to be the best! Not only do you pay for your machines, but the thrill of the hunt is the best! Seeking treasure is what I was born to do. :icon_sunny:

This field, to tell you the truth, we did not expect to find much at. Yeah, I did find my one Coronet cent there, but it is about 80 yards from our main site (ra-search area). There are small Iron Kirk patches all over this field, which signifies dwellings. :D

We are anxious to get into this other field. We sure won't disappoint, Dan!

Good luck out there and keep your passion high! :thumbsup:

Kirk

P.S. IP probably cried to his momma and left the forum. :D Where ya been, IP? :icon_scratch: :D

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds you guys shore know how to find them coppers. Keep the passion high and find many more for me to see sense I cant find my own.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions