1802 Liberty bust large cent

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found it today doing sweeps by the horse barn at my GF's house. I must have walked over this sucker a thousand times before i finally had the time to detect the area. In the condition it's in probably is not worth much, but to be the first person to touch this coin in over 200 years more than makes up for it :)

Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
WTG,,, have yet to find anything that old,,, my oldest coin is a 1867 Indian Head

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Happy Hunting!

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
:D Way to go man!!! I found an old hand made penny in a friends pasture. I gave it to him and he , unwisely made a pendant out of it! Well, easy come easy go. HH!!

OP
OP
True_Metal

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fellas. I took some pics of it with my girlfriends digital camera but because of the corosion it just looks like a black circle with no detail, so it would be pointless to post a pic of it. I searched the rest of that imediate area and just came up with clad. I'm going to start on the backyard proper over the holiday and see if i can come up with some more oldies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread