Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AHHH finally the weekend! I got a few hours to hunt today so I decided to go back to the spot that has rewarded me with a nice handful of coppers, capped bust dime, and two other marine buttons just like this one. (only this one is smaller). The draped bust was trying it's very best to hide behind an oxe shoe...BUT once I moved it the DFX went bonkers. It must have only been a foot away from the last draped bust, and 1827 large cent I found. I'm sure it was a pocket spill, but it just took 3 seperate hunts to gather the spill. ALOT of iron around the cellar hole. I"m constantly moving it trying to stir up some more good stuff. The small marine button was also mixed up in the nails and scrap, somehow after several times slowly going over this one area I managed to find this small button. This site is very large and I"m very confident that there is more to be found, however the large majority of items that have been found has been very close to the cellar hole and barn hole. I really need to start bringing a camera in the field with me. I heard a dog barking a ridge or two over (which is strange, no houses within 2 miles or so. Must of been a stray dog or just loose). Anyhow, all of the sudden out of the corner of my eye I see a bounding deer headed straight towards me. It slammed it's breaks on prolly 30 yards away, froze. I to am frozen solid just watching. So I pretend to "grunt" at the deer to see what kind of reaction I could get. Nothin. So then, I "snorted" at this big fat doe to see what she would do. ANd then, she fired her tail straight up and started "prancing" away. I mean, she was like a show horse. She was raising her legs very high each step, I've seen alot of deer in my time...but never seen one do this.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 669
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 684
Upvote 0

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
good job on moving that iron. have you ever done that and then discovered that you threw the iron on top of a good target?

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dwayne sueno said:
good job on moving that iron. have you ever done that and then discovered that you threw the iron on top of a good target?
Now you have me concerned! :o

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one Sniffy! Looks like your getting your season back on track! :thumbsup:

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Sniffy said:
dwayne sueno said:
Now you have me concerned! :o

Me too. I've been piling iron up for a couple of years now thinking I will go back later and get it. :-\

I wonder what's under it? :icon_scratch:

Good hunt Sniffy. :thumbsup:

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffy, can you tell if it is large date small fraction? or is it trashed.My first large cent was 1803 also sweet find. :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Broken knee said:
Sniffy, can you tell if it is large date small fraction? or is it trashed.My first large cent was 1803 also sweet find. :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
I really can't tell, it's in pretty bad shape.

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
Nice one Sniffy! Looks like your getting your season back on track! :thumbsup:
Yeah, I went from having all the time in the world to none. So a weekend copper is a huge score!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice LC :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
A good day. Can you make out the backmarks on the marine buttons. Civil war and earlier marine buttons are fairly rare. It looks like you might have dug some

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vayank54 said:
A good day. Can you make out the backmarks on the marine buttons. Civil war and earlier marine buttons are fairly rare. It looks like you might have dug some
IT's a early scovills backmark. If I"m lucky all of the buttons on the coat may still be there.

U

umrgolf

The Sniffy machine is still at work I see :o :o Another Draped bust coin to go along with a capped bust and a few military buttons this year.. Nice post :headbang:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good day out! :thumbsup:

Either iron goes in my pouch, or well clear of the site. I never just toss it down on the surface of the site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread