1806 British coin?

paydirt1850

Jun 6, 2015
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this coin while detecting a old cabin site. They worked this area for gold - 1850 to 1865. All the glass I have found has been open pontil. Any info would be appreciated, I don't know anything about foreign coins.

blog 6-19-16 d.jpg

That one is in very nice condition Gary!
Can you post a picture of the reverse? And place a quarter next to it for size comparison?

I did a basic web search for 1806 georgius iii coin and came up with a truckload of results! Have seen prices ranging from $0.50 - $99.00. Yours looks to be in better than average condition! :headbang:

The soil was a very coarse, decomposed granite. It was only a inch or two deep. I think that is why it keep so good. Here is the back side.

003.JPG

Very nice find! The true value is just in that: the find....and monetary value is merely consequential...I've never sold any of my finds, as I'm always amazed, intrigued...at finding something that's been in the ground for a century, or longer..and THAT...is very valuable to me. Something I can show my kids, their kids..and of course, it would always be nice to say "that whatchamacallit is worth a gazillion dollars"...but I have a 9 to 5, and detecting is what I do to blow off some steam..the fun's in the hunt, and if I find something nice, merely a bonus. Thx for shsring, great coin...ddf

hi my friend paydirt1850 the coin that you have is worth 100USD my friend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back