1809 Half -cent! #7 luggage tag or token -any ideas?

1digger

May 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well today I had to take advantage of the nice sunny weather and went down the street to see a neighbor. His house was build in the latter half of the 1700's and is getting a remodel, which means part of his front yard has been torn up and leveled. I've hit the yard several times in the last couple of months so the pickins were slim today. In the past I've manages to pull out 4 large early coppers, an 1876 Half and a badly mauled Georgie.I did manage to pull out a 1809 Half-Cent however, not in the greatest shape, but my first of that variety. As per our agreement, he got to keep it, but I was able to clean it a bit and document. The tag has me curious. Anyone see these? It reminds me of a luggage tag, but would appreciate any info on it, or date. Thanks for looking! 2010_1002thisweeksfinds0009.JPG2010_1002thisweeksfinds0010.JPG2010_1002thisweeksfinds0011.JPG2010_1002thisweeksfinds0012.JPG

Upvote 4
Sweet! Half cents are awesome! :thumbsup::treasurechest:
Tag is probably for a tree. People sometimes tag their trees with numbers.

Amazing how the date on the half cent is just jumping out at you - compared to the rest of the features , Great finds .

Alot of detail on that half cent!

Nice!

No question about the date! Very strong detail.

Nice half cent. Still on my list

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back