1812 Artillery Button Video & UPDATE !

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
1812 Artillery Button Video & UPDATE !

Went to an old stomping ground yesterday in the freezing weather ( 25 degrees ) and found that I wasn't as tough as I used to be...:lmfao: Wind was blowing and the hands just didn't last to long. I found a couple of goodies, One being a lead dress weight that the woman used to keep the dresses down in the wind. The other one I got on video, was an 1812/13 Artillery flat button.It's from the 3 RD regiment and needs some tender loving cleaning.:yikes: Its very worn and hardly readable, but it's mine and I saved it from the elements. Enjoy the short video. Happy Hunting.[video]http://losttreasure.tv/index.php?page=videos&section=view&vid_id=102034[/video]

Attached are a couple of pictures of the Artillery Button from yesterday. The first picture was used for a guide to match up with my button. At first it was thought to be a 3rd REG Button but the Cannon Balls are on the left side of it so that confirms that it is indeed A 1812 1st REG Artillery Button how cool to find a 200 year old button only a few blocks from my house. Simply amazing!

Attachments

• 3rd reg button.jpg
    3rd reg button.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 416
  • 3rd reg button.jpg
    3rd reg button.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 409
  • Cannon Balls (1).JPG
    Cannon Balls (1).JPG
    874.6 KB · Views: 447
Upvote 0

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 1812 Artillery Button Video & UPDATE !

Whydah , Great button find dude , that deserves a mention or two :headbang: dawg

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 1812 Artillery Button Video & UPDATE !

Nice finds. Congratulations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread