1812 mill site.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This was the location of a 1812 mill site. The mill was there much earlier, I was able to get the okay to hunt the location, but the farmer that owns the site only let me on for one season. This site had been detected before, but I did find a couple older coppers. Brian C.

Attachments

• P1010061.JPG
    P1010061.JPG
    322.3 KB · Views: 279
OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
trainermick said:
That site looks familiar to me. Could it be AR....d's Mill ? If so, that's a difficult site to get permission. Way to go !!
Yes it is,. I heard about this site for many years, the story was the owner would not let anyone detect his fields, so one day I decided to go and pay him a visit, he is kind of a hard man to get to know, but he has been walked on before, robbed ect. The site has been detected before I got there, but I did hunt the site very well. I still talk to him, Evan though he has stopped me from entering his land. Brian C.

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Woodland Detectors said:
Beautiful Country. I wish I lived in Canada. :icon_thumleft:
Thanks for the compliment. There are many older sites here, it just takes some research, I usually fall asleep when I read history books. We find older coins up here, the oldest I have seen that came from a site along lake Huron were Celtic or roman. These wafer coins that were very different, how they came to be there one only knows. There is a story that the vikings might have been on the lake but who knows for sure. I know the vikings were in Newfoundland & maybe they traded with the natives of the time. i was told that maybe the vikings had these tokens for paying taxes, but some how I think they did not pay any kind of tax, just took what they wished. Here is a picture of a 1823 home that is being restored, I have the okay to hunt the yard when I get time. Brian C.

Attachments

• P9250374.JPG
    P9250374.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 201

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread