Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So you snuck into a historic battlefield and broke the law. What do you want people to say?

tmshaft

Dec 2, 2012
I could go in the fountain in my mall with my detector which no one dares to go and clean up on the targets. :)

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reeded harmonica was invented supposedly in 1821

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
reeded harmonica was invented supposedly in 1821

As usual, Casper knows his stuff :thumbsup:

History[edit]

The harmonica was developed in Europe in the early part of the 19th century. Free reed instruments like the sheng were fairly common throughout East Asia for centuries and were relatively well known in Europe for some time. Around 1820, free reed designs began being created in Europe. While Christian Friedrich Ludwig Buschmann is often cited as the inventor of the harmonica in 1821, other inventors developed similar instruments at the same time.[10] Mouth-blown free reed instruments appeared in the United States, South America, the United Kingdom and in Europe at roughly the same time. The reason it was made was so it could be used for classical music.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I bet I have found 30 of those over the years and I live in the shorter history city of Denver.

I'd do your front yard. Go real slow and dig everything. If there was a war there you will find evidence.

OP
OP

1812 MOnsteR

Tenderfoot
Jun 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks now I know. But I've seen posts on the internet for 1812 harmonicas. So I'm not sure.

OP
OP

1812 MOnsteR

Tenderfoot
Jun 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No across on the other side of the road. On the side of the road for your information.

OP
OP

1812 MOnsteR

Tenderfoot
Jun 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish. But our area. Has been urbanized. And the battle. Field is nothing but a modern day road. In fact one of the busiest I'm the city. All remnants of the war are gone except for banners. Look at lundys Lane in google maps.

OP
OP

1812 MOnsteR

Tenderfoot
Jun 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's no need to be jealous cause you live in Cincinnati. Oh!!!!! Apply cream to the burn!

Un-shore

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the shell casing is crimped on the end like blanks usually are. might be from 21 gun salute or some training exercise.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you hunt where you know its illegal to detect? You said you detected where others were afraid of getting caught but you also said you hunted the side of the road...I don't want to reply until I know what you did.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go detecting and live near the biggest and bloodiest battles of the war of 1812. They literally happened in my front yard. Lundy Lane and stuff like that. But I went across from Fort George. Which is across from Fort Niagara. I was metal detecting where no metal detectorist has dared to go. Right across where probably American as well as Canada soldiers stood. Other metal detectorist are afraid of getting caught. And in less than a half an hour this is what I found. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta to save history. One sweep at a time.
your statement could be easily printed out , and used to advocate for restrictions or an out right ban! And put your whole collection at risk ! I would suggest you word your post a lil differently in future posts , live and learn, Welcome to T net , Shawn

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1014540

At least, thanks to this thread, I now realize what at least one item was that I had dug up a few months ago!:thumbsup:

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bvi , what happend with that bar?

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest: