1815 Lower canada half penny token

Camptimus

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to detecting and new to the site! Only had my detector out about 4-5 times since i got it last year. Garrett Ace 250. Went out today to a park a few blocks from my house, spent a few hours digging up pennies and garbage then found something that at the time thought was possibly a quarter. Didn't have my glasses on so i couldnt read anything on it. Shoved it in my pocket and went home shortly after. Gave it a quick wipe at home and discovered it was an 1815 Lower Canada half penny token! Up to this point I have found pennies, dimes etc, but now a 200 year old coin....This is definitely the beginging stages of addiction now...
Will

Upvote 1

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Noticed this was your very first post - so, welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Canada for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your country.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a quit a few different tokens with that date...A pic. will def. Help here.

A big plus is to crop the pic. before posting too , as T-net downsizes the pics, (thank dog as most take pics way tooooo big)

Sounds very interesting though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread