1818 Large cent!

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Hello Everyone :icon_sunny: I was off this week and had a chance to do a little detecting with my Ace 250. Did"nt find alot, but at this one park that was built in 1990 there was a small woods that had a new pavilion and a scattering of old trees. Did not come up with much until I ran parallel to a woven wire fence that bordered the next property. I was finding a few neat old dump finds like a smashed, but very ornate copper lid, a copper auto part I believe and near where the woods meats a new soccar field , I popped out this large cent. Extremely worn, but I could make out a date with some lemon juice on it, 1818 :icon_thumleft: I thank God for this as I love old coins no matter what shape as long as I can read a date. Thanks for looking and God bless :icon_sunny: Paul :coffee2:

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 584
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 584
Upvote 0

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, great large one cent. I found a large one cent across the street from a National Guard Armory in Richmond, Virginia.
Those things pop up in the strangest of places.
Way to look for the possibile locations. If one place doesn't produce, go to another. Huge trees are a key.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I have seen a lot worse that that come out of the ground! In my book, that's a nice recovery!

ES66

Oct 3, 2008
Eagan, MN
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Congratulations on the LC... I would love to find one of those... Nice job...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions