1819LC..Big buttons...Ugly Shoe Buckle

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Went out this weekend..Stumbled on an old mill site...I found a 1909 vdb wheat right on the path on the way in...I was hoping i was gonna find some older stuff, then i got a nice signal...3 inches down 1819 LC...I was suprised it was so shallow..Thought it was gonna be a quarter...Then i get this nice signal, like a button...I dig it and then this HUGE button surfaces..It is about 1-1/2....With a lady and a cherub on it..Backmarked Eingetr Muster...I didnt clean it yet though...I got another large button..With a great design on it...Cleaned this one ...Id say both are victorian...My buddie got a sweet late 1700's knee buckle...Then on sunday i went to an old site..I hit hard before and got this Ugly rusty old shoe buckle...Ill take it :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• 1819obv.jpg
    1819obv.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 438
  • button2.jpg
    button2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 444
  • button1.jpg
    button1.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 435
  • button2rev.jpg
    button2rev.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 435
  • button size.jpg
    button size.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 419
  • buckle1.jpg
    buckle1.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 432
Upvote 0

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea... that buckle has seen some better days. lol awesome finds though! :icon_pirat:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that LC is sharp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! neat button!!!! MR TUFF

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
iron shoe buckles are a drag...to bad that things not brass...Large Cent looks to be in good shape....where's a pic of that knee buckle? I"d like to see that one.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The frame looks like pewter. If so you're going to have to seal it or it will really start to fall apart. If mine I'd probably take some needle nose pliers and pinch out the rust, then coat it with something.

That's still a decent find because a dug pewter buckle with iron guts we expect to look like that or worse.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good looking LC :icon_thumleft: where abouts are you located ? State, iam always interested in the soil conditions were coins and relics come out Dd60

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Thanks for all the replys....Deepdiger60 I am from mass...I dig alot of large cents and buckles ...Condition always depends on the area and the relic was found...I dug an 1803 large cent in incredible shape..at an old cellar...2 weeks later i dug anouther one about 50 feet away...the condition was not as good :dontknow:

I cleaned the other button a bit...looks pretty good

Attachments

• cleaned button.jpg
    cleaned button.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 218

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread