Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Don, from Bryan a DOD Federal fire fighter at Seymour Johnson AFB. I see you are a retired Federal Civilian also.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Your large cents come out so nice, that sandy soil is very freindly to them over time in the ground.
Marty

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
That's a nice LC Don.

Worn but has the kind of smooth patina you look for. Here in the forest of Pa they come out like that. But I have found some really eaten up one's to. They were in the city were the soil seems more acidic though. Get out of the city and they are beautiful.

Any site that gives a LC is a good site. But 2 is a even better site. They are some great coins to clean also. Nice and big and easy to handle.

HH Jer

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Real nice find, even though it is not as old as you prefer :wink: That one looks like it had a lot of mileage on it before it was dropped!

The ground seemed frozen solid here today. It doesn't appear to have been a problem in your neck of the woods. Warmer weather is on the way later this week though.

Congratulations on another Largie!
Neil

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Beautiful LC Don! Cleaned up real nice. :thumbsup: Is the button another plain front? How many buttons from this site so far? I am curious about the iron too, any idea what they were/are?

Love seeing you pop those coins out of the ground! Keep at it your up for a stellar year.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't hit that spot anymore Don. It has to be all hunted out by now!(LOL) :wink: :D ;D Congrats Hogge

OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Beautiful LC Don! Cleaned up real nice. :thumbsup: Is the button another plain front? How many buttons from this site so far? I am curious about the iron too, any idea what they were/are?

Love seeing you pop those coins out of the ground! Keep at it your up for a stellar year.

Between this site and the neighboring Tallyo site, 27 buttons total now, not bad for two isolated homesteads, the coin ratio to buttons is also about right, 5 coins for 27 buttons, 1 in 5 (No silver coins, which is not unusual at all, if one is to be found mostl likely would be a Half Real) :). What is absent from the two sites so far are Thimbles and more utensils, have gotten some spoon parts but not many and guess Harmonica parts must be more prevalant at post 1840 sites, since no pieces found of them.

The iron objects, not sure, chain link for one possibly, the other no idea, and the top iron piece has an edge on it like some type of axe blade, but no idea on that either.

The peroxide did real well on both the button and the coin this time, the button was plain front and no backmark.

Tomorrow, the weather looks good, so going opposite direction and back to one of my much older sites and hope for a colonial coin and relics......

Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions