1828 LC, CW token, Misc...

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been finding quantity of coins lately but getting some old keepers here and there. Hunted a yard today that is owned by one of my friend's brothers. This site dates back to the 1830's and you always hope that you can get at least one keeper from that era. It started slow with some clad and a couple wheats and then finally nailed this LC not far from the house, only about 4" down. When they built the current house I am sure they moved a lot of dirt around and possibly this might be when the nick on that coin happened :dontknow:. Anyway, a couple more laps and then hit the CW token and I really like the design on this one. A few relics here and there but the funniest find was the nickel in the egg. I was sure it was a nickel signal, only a couple inches deep, but when the egg came out it caught me off guard. Someone did a good job hiding the easter eggs that year. The nickel dated 1970 but who knows what year it was actually left there. Anyway, like I said, not a lot of coins but the right ones made it worth the trip.

100_3048.jpg

100_3056.jpg

100_3055.jpg

100_3054.jpg

100_3053.jpg

Upvote 0

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: LC, CW token, Misc...

Great finds congrats.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs WH. Great old LC but too bad on its nick. :'( I really like the soldier and the vintage car. :icon_thumleft:

HH

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kool token! Nice LC......Hogge :headbang:

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Man yer kickin those LC's butts this year dude! that token it totally off the hook!!!!!! I am patina with envy and wishin I was there with ya to nail some of those fine oldies you been getting!

keep swingin
Slipperyjack47

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice job Wall... That LC is great but that token takes the cake. Not 100% sure but that token may be listed as #299/350 in the catalog of patriotic tokens. I believe that is a pretty good match.. I will try to get you the site with all the pics. Congrats....jgas

OP
OP
Wallhangers

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you are correct Jgas. So I take it that the "61" in small letters on the cannon to the right represents 1861? Thanks for sending that link, I had no idea that there were that many different patriotic tokens!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Hey Wall...Not sure about the 61 on the cannon. I would assume that would be right, but most of the tokens were made in 1863 I believe... Killer find though. Not quite sure of the rarity on your particular token. I will search some more...HH jgas

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had some great finds there :icon_thumleft: The nickle in the egg may have been from a 70's Easter Egg hunt :laughing9: I love those old toys the most :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread