1830s home first virgin home for me

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
me and a buddy diamond jim are going to a 1830s home friday we will be the first to md it hopefully i will post on this thread tomorrw some 100 year old plus finds this guy was a dr when we still had indians moving around in missouri that lived off the land .wont be able to give any clues where it is at we are the first to be allowed to md it the 40+years of this ownership . see ya all tomorrow

olepossum

Upvote 0

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gl Possum!

Find some beauties to keep me salivating til spring! :)

OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
i hope so buddy is coming to get me at 830 am kinda nervous/excited never hunted a palce this old and virgin at that this part of missouri has seen indians, mormon massacre,civil war , jesse james ,cowboys and all the history from then till about 8o years ago since anyone has lived there i belive so i will let yall know this evening it is 102 am here

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:hello: GOOD HUNTING and GOOD LUCK :hello:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck!!

OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
well here it is mine and diamongjims finds we found a leather shoe sole, some pottery shards, a trunk or door hinge, the tip of a modern rifle round,some metal cieling trim, i hope they load up properly

Attachments

• Photo429.jpg
    Photo429.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 1,653
  • Photo430.jpg
    Photo430.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 1,659
  • Photo431.jpg
    Photo431.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,637
  • Photo432.jpg
    Photo432.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,630
  • Photo433.jpg
    Photo433.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 1,624
  • Photo434.jpg
    Photo434.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 1,616
  • Photo435.jpg
    Photo435.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 1,594
OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
behind the pic of the lock plate you see a tree that was where the kiln sat at that the slaves used to make the bricks that built the house there is also some video i will have to learn how to post it but i have some awsome video footage to boot oh and the little of metal that looks like a e is a partial buckle no coins not untill next year they have to dig about 30 inches of decayed wood hay and cow crap out of the first floor everything from the roof to the stairs and both floors and fireplace mantles have fallen into the first floor of the house and turned to dust once it is all outside we will be sifting it next spring for artifacts it was awsome friday cant wait till next spring .

Sir Digs-A-Lot

Sep 14, 2008
Orlando Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II and ACE 250
olepossum said:
behind the pic of the lock plate you see a tree that was where the kiln sat at that the slaves used to make the bricks that built the house there is also some video i will have to learn how to post it but i have some awsome video footage to boot oh and the little of metal that looks like a e is a partial buckle no coins not untill next year they have to dig about 30 inches of decayed wood hay and cow crap out of the first floor everything from the roof to the stairs and both floors and fireplace mantles have fallen into the first floor of the house and turned to dust once it is all outside we will be sifting it next spring for artifacts it was awsome friday cant wait till next spring .

That sounds awesome. Good luck on that site. (I hope you find a few punctuation marks while you're at it :laughing7: ) Kidding! But seriously, bound to be some goodies there - I'd have trouble waiting until spring.

OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
we have to wait till spring it is in the middle of conservation land dont want to get shot at during mo deer season

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread